Monday, October 6, 2008

Le Weekend

I always loved learning French words which were exactly the same as English (American) words. Le weekend is one of those. Also le boyfriend and les bleu jeans. So practical. Why couldn't the whole language be that way?

My weekend was fleeting. I can't believe it is Monday already. I'm not sure what I'm doing to keep busy, but I guess it's working, because the weeks are ticking along at a rapid rate. Still no local friends calling me, but thanks to all the out-of-towners who make my phone ring on a semi-regular basis.

I enjoyed General Conference, as I'm sure many of you did. I find it terribly hard to concentrate with kids around. For one session I shut myself in my bedroom with a pile of ironing and listened while pressing. It was very peaceful. I will have to read and watch again to make sure I heard everything, but I'm glad that the gist of it wasn't "The world is ending now. Too bad for you if you haven't prepared." And we are slowly but surely getting prepared. : )

The kids had school off on Friday, so we hung out at the house and got out the Halloween decorations. I don't have too many of those, I realized. I am pleased to say that my Halloween costume making/gathering session is almost over for the year. I just have to sew a satchel for Hayden's Indiana Jones costume. So here's a little preview to get you motivated. I have to admit I have it easy this year, which is good, since I exerted all my Halloween sewing creativity on the calendar. Luckily it's a big hit with the kids!

Supergirl and Indiana Jones combine forces to save the world. I got J's costume for $1.99 on clearance, and H had all the stuff for his, sans bomber jacket. He can wear the jacket other places, though, so we splurged and spent $30. He can't wait to have his fake little 5 o'clock shadow put on.
Cute Kara is going as a fluffy bunny. I love her complexion with this costume. Jillian wore it when she was one. One of the ears came untacked, but I might leave it because she looks extra cute with an ear flopping down. J gets into the groove of being a superhero.
Indiana Hayden strikes a pose, and brandishes his whip.

We have beautiful weather today after a weekend of rain. I hope it sticks around for a few days. I need to go apple-picking, find some cornstalks and pumpkins for the front of our house, and go on some runs. I came home drenched after my 7-miler on Saturday. Guess I'd better get used to that. Fall is here!

Amy

5 comments:

Sweeney Household said...

Amy, thanks for your vote of confidence for the Tufts 10K. You are quite the runner! I loved catching up with the Vege Bunch & see how adorable your kids are. J was always one of my favorite little girls & she is such a great mix of you & your hubby. CUTE!

Michael Family said...

Awesome costumes! they will rock at their school and church parties. Kara is adorable!

Mandy said...

The Halloween costumes are so cool! I especially love that Jillian wants to be an empowered woman . . .

By the way, I tag you.

Angie said...

Fun costumes! The kids look like they are way excited for Halloween! I can't believe it's already that time again. Wow.

jan said...

I am impressed you finally talked her into wearing the superhero costume. Kara makes the cutest bunny and I can see H enjoying that costume for a while. How fun way to go. We haven't started our costume search.