Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Diet Coke Day

Hurray, Hurray! It's Diet Coke day! Since I have sensitive teeth (so annoying), and I don't want to develop a caffeine addiction, I let myself have just one (maybe two) sodas a week. Sometimes I go caffeine-free, but sometimes I have a diet coke. The sun is shining, the leaves are shimmying like Spanish dancers in flamenco skirts (that's not a very good metaphor, but I was trying to be original), and I've had a diet coke. With fresh lime. At Qdoba. With my husband, who bought me lunch. Now I will be able to:

a. Resist Halloween candy, since I've had my sweet fix.

b. Clean the bathroom instead of taking a nap.

c. Can some pears.

d. Make pumpkin cookies

e. Go play at the park with kidlets

I hope your afternoon is as delightful as mine. I can't give all the credit to the diet coke, but it does help. Sometimes a peach fresca has the same effect.

Amy

9 comments:

Amy D said...

Mmmm...peach Fresca sounds good! Can't say I've ever tried Diet Coke (call me crazy!), but I sure do like Fresca. Enjoy your delightful afternoon with clean bathrooms, pears, pumpkin cookies and the park! What a fun day!

mama bear said...

Yum, I have actually been craving (no, I'm not pregnant) Diet Coke with a lime for quite some time. Hey, I'm a poet! Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of Diet Coke days lately, but the lime is seriously lacking. I hope you enjoyed it for me too!

Christina said...

Amy D is a strong woman! :) I think I'll start treating my DC like a treat rather than beverage of choice. Good thinkin'! And canned pairs sound even better!
PS. I left you a note at the end of my last blog post. A friend of mine made a Best Books list on her blog, ranked them, etc. Kind of fun and I thought of you when I saw it. Take a peak.

rebecca said...

Oops! Christina was logged into my computer...that was really me, Rebecca.

Angie said...

sounds like a fantastic day! I myself prefer Diet DR. Pepper to try and keep me awake during my middle of the night cravings when I have patients pulling me every which way. Can't say I've ever tried it with Lime. Maybe I am missing out? Do you add chocolate chips to your pumpkin cookies? It makes them sooooo much better (especially if you use semi-sweet). OH, and powedered sugar on top! YUM!!!

caligirl said...

All that because of a diet coke. What else do you put in it:-) I am glad you had a great day!!!!

Steph said...

When I drink soda, I go for the strong stuff--straight Dr. Pepper. No diet for me. Call me crazy. But I can make it on about one a month, so I give myself permission.

Ronna said...

Oh man Amy, just reading your email made me feel like I had just drank a diet coke. Thanks for the "cyber-energy". Do you think I can have a diet coke if I am breastfeeding? I am craving one and since I am in need of a nap and never have the time to take one, maybey I will pick a day of the week to have a diet coke and then get some chores done around the house. Take care
Ronna

Melissa said...

You have more willpower than me-- I allow myself one beverage a day! But I prefer Diet Dr. Pepper...