Sunday, March 16, 2008

Newer 'do



So maybe I'm too picky about my hair. Has anyone REALLY ever had the perfect haircut? I like this one pretty well, and I think it will grow out nicely, but I went to a meeting and saw about 5 haircuts I liked slightly better. If only I had a live-in hair designer (that's what they're called these days) to snip and slightly change my hairstyle every time I get a whim. Maybe, if Kyle doesn't land a job as an assistant professor at a business school, he'd like to go to hair school. That would be very beneficial to moi, except for the lower salary part. I just posted pics of the sides and back, since the ones from the front didn't do it justice. I'll try to get a good one.

This just in: Kyle announced that he will soon be a guest blogger. I hope you are looking forward to that as much as I am.

Amy

BONUS PICS:
H and friend D at their last "Karate Little Ninjas" class. Upon completion, they each received a certificate and their own authentic Chinese throwing stars.

The quintessential baby-in-the-bathtub pic. Here's our little Asparagus hanging out.

The Easter candy I'm trying to keep hidden from myself until the big egg hunt next weekend.

The blanket and matching burp cloth I made for KJ. She long outgrew all of her baby blankets. Time it took me to sew on the ric-rac: 40 minutes and countless adjustments of the needle to try and get every angle.

6 comments:

Polliwog said...

Very cute hair! I noticed in the Kalahari pics that all you girls have gone short. I am chopping my hair Tuesday, though I haven't yet decided what I'm doing to it.

Asparagus is darling. She has her own look, though I can see a bit of both you and Kyle.

No comment on the Easter egg hunting and hiding thereof. I only wish I had as much will power.

Love the black and white fabric for the blanket. Very nice.

Miss you! Also, I think your post on word verification jinxed me. I never had trouble with it but since I read your post, it's killing me!

Polliwog said...

Me again. I meant Easter egg CANDY but mistyped. Also, I am very excited for a guest post from the big K. Don't leave me hanging too long!

Michael Family said...

Alright! We will be checking hourly for that Kyle post!

Love the hair, need to see a front pic.

Kara is adorable!

Mandy said...

Thank you for satisfying my hair curiosity. I think it suits you! Did you know that there is an Easter candy calorie counter online?
It is at:
http://www.cyberdiet.com/reg/dietwatch/holidays/easter/candyCounter/candyCounter.cgi

Steph said...

Cute hair. And super cute baby with a very classy baby blanket. As for the easter candy, my favorite are definitely the classic mini eggs, with starburst jelly beans a close second.

Amy D said...

If you think that your hair is short, I must tell you that that's the length I'm growing mine out to be! I like it. I'm impressed you can hide candy from yourself. My kids' Butterfinger eggs call to me from the closet (though I haven't broken down yet--hooray!).