Sunday, March 2, 2008

Would you like some spice with that?

Just a quick Haydenism to make you laugh. That boy is cracking me up lately. That is, when he's not slowly driving me insane with his languishing on the floor when he's supposed to be putting his shoes and coat on. But back to the laugh. We got home from church today and The Pea announced he was "sooooo hungry." When I asked him what he would like to eat, expecting something like "a treat," he requested "cooked mushrooms with some spice on them." WHAT? Really? Who is this child? Unfortunately, we were fresh out of mushrooms, but I really wanted to saute some up for him to see if he would eat them. He informed me that he just loves cooked mushrooms. Um, okay.

Later on I was making dinner and he asked what we were having. I told him the menu: turkey, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. Le petit gourmand asked for some "spice" in the mashed potatoes. I obliged by mashing them with a bit of whipping cream, butter, milk, fresh pepper, salt, a dash of nutmeg, a pinch of garlic salt, and some grated Parmesan cheese. When he and the Bean tried them, they immediately informed me they loved the "Alfredo mashed potatoes." I didn't even do that on purpose! What discerning palates. Too funny.

ap


1 comment:

Amy D said...

That's so cute! Maybe he'll grow up to be a chef. Then HE can cook YOU dinner!