Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tell me I'm not the only one

who constantly messes up on the "word verification" part of leaving a comment on most blogs. Maybe I'd do better if they were actually WORDS. Last time I checked, wfvjitu is NOT a word. I would say I type the letters incorrectly at least 20% of the time. Part of the problem is the font they use. Sometimes j's look like i's or vice versa. Also, sometimes the words are bending in an arch and the letters blend together. I spend a lot of time guessing what the letters might be, then give it a try. Usually I'm wrong. I left a comment on a blog the other day and apparently messed up, because it never showed up. I'm just not smart enough, I guess.

Oh, and one more thing about blogging. Many of you may use Google Reader or some other service to keep track of new postings. May I also suggest actually visiting the blogs in person? I love to see the new backgrounds, sidebar changes, polls, and other fun information. Google Reader leaves those things out. For example, I have a festive St. Patrick's Day background. It is a cute green. It is my one nod to St. Patrick's Day. I will change to something for Easter on March 18th.

Coming as soon as I feel smart enough to write it:

Marathon and Marriage Musings - the runner up in my "what post would you like to read" poll.

I know I said only one more thing, and I've already put two, but this is it, I promise. My ticker says that lots of people are reading this blog, but I'm getting comments from just some of you. Who's out there lurking?? Hopefully no one creepy. Thanks for all the comments, those of you who leave them. Kyle just shakes his head at all my blogging, but I love it!

And that, my friends, is all she wrote.

Amy

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I love google reader, but I usually click on the blog heading to read my posts. That way I can see the blog and leave comments. Another really cool google feature is google analytics. It lets you track your hits, where they come from (what sites are referring and where the people are located as well as what percentage of visitors are new vs repeat.)
Analytics made me less freaked out about who is reading my blog, but I still don't include identifying info (last name and our locality) in my blog.
I can't wait for your next post, that is the one I voted for!

Polliwog said...

Well, I probably account for a good number of your hits. Since you are a fairly regular poster, I often check your blog to see what's new. Sometimes I don't leave a comment but come back later to do it. :) And I hardly ever use my google reader, though I'm set up for it. I like to open the blogs, like presents.

Parker said...

I most definitely read your blog, and I probably comment way too much! I love your fun backgrounds and polls too. I'm with you on the comments. As long as you're reading it, you may as well comment while you're there! I can't imagine that out of 30+ that read a blog every day, only an average of 3 make comments. It makes me sad, but also (like you) makes me wonder who else is reading it. Let's just always promise to comment on each other's blogs because commenting is a happy thing :) (By the way, this isn't Parker commenting, but I didn't realize I was logged on under him until I pressed 'publish' and I don't want to write it all again)

amy said...

just lurking - don't want you to think i'm dome creepy guy reading your blog! Did you know that you can take off "word verification"?

Cheri said...

I had to laugh. The word verification is just as difficult for me, and I've considered writing about it as well! have a phqczgf day!

Elisha said...

Ok, it's ME who has been lurking on your blog! Blogs make me feel like a total peeping tom - but I linked to it from Anna's website and have looked at it a handful of times. Do you even remember me? We left Michigan in '05, I was married to the big red head...
anyway - I love your blog and I've always thought you were exceptionally organized and interesting so that's why I'm totally peeping. It feels good to get that off my chest. Whew.
-Elisha Condie