Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crackin' Me Up

I've been laughing at the little things a lot lately. Not sure why, but it doesn't seem to be a bad thing. Here are a few things that have been making me laugh:

1. Playing Star Wars Legos on the PC with Hayden. Kyle bought him the game for his birthday, but since we have no Wii, Xbox, or whatever, we had to get the good old computer version. And then Kyle couldn't get the controllers to work, so you have to use the keyboard. I am not talented at video games. I learned Super Mario long ago, but never really made it past the second part of the first level. I'm the one that hoists the controller in the air while trying to jump. So playing with Hayden was quite humorous. We share the keyboard, neither of us has any idea what to do or where we're going, and I keep A. accidentally shooting or punching the character Hayden is playing B. Randomly changing into another character without meaning too, then wondering why my old character is just standing there or C. Asking Hayden "Now, what is it we're supposed to be doing?" Today I'm a little better at it than I was yesterday. I figured out how to use the force and wield the light saber. And I'll keep playing, because when I'm R2D2 (Hayden is apparently too cool to be the droids, but they're somewhat necessary in the game) he says to me "Okay R2, good job R2, now come here R2" in his cutest voice. And I happily beep and scoot after him. After we finished today he said "We did good, Mom, huh?"

2. Last night I was making my own version of funeral potatoes with some of our leftover ham. I used real potatoes, though, and had to peel them. Unfortunately the only potatoes I had were tiny Yukon Gold ones, about 3 inches long. I was trying not to peel my fingers off, which was somewhat humorous to me at the time, which caused me to almost peel my fingers off. This was only funny for the first few potatoes. Then I just started getting ticked off.

3. Taking my kids' pictures. Here are some from Sunday in their new Easter duds. Kara was so smiley and Hayden was so goofy. So even though the pictures aren't perfect, they hold the memory of a nice Easter morning together and my silly kids making me laugh.

Not to ruin the post or anything, but two things that are making me frown are:

A. Dirty politicians. The mayor of Detroit and the ex and current Governors of New York come to mind.

B. Snow. Here are pics from our Easter egg hunt. That should explain it all. I'm so tired of wearing my boring old snow coat, but the hat Kelli made me for my birthday is cute enough to bring a smile back to my face. We'll end on a good note.

Amy


9 comments:

Melissa said...

Your kids look so cute in their Easter outfits! I love how Kara's hand is on Jillian's face in the first picture... so precious!

Yes, I too am sick of the snow. I keep thinking Spring is just around the corner... I think I'm being way too optomistic! :)

p.s. cute hat on you, by the way

Cheri said...

I am laughing. My side really hurts and I am STILL laughing. The image of you and H at the computer was too much. It sounds exactly like me. And the sweet encouragement from H. The potatoes - also ridiculous. I am laughing so hard right now I am thinking it may be some indicator of my sleep deprivation. Maybe I should go take a nap, or at least refrain from operating heavy machinery...

Unknown said...

You won't have snow at Easter if you move to Eugene! :) Love you!

Michael Family said...

That's so fun that you play with Hayden! James's thing is Candyland right now (not quite into computer games yet) and that's fun to play with him.

Leave the skins on next time, unless you need a little laugh. For like 3 potatoes.

Mandy said...

We have that exact PC game, and Seth prefers to play with Alice. She's better than me.

I'm with you on the politicians too, I feel like I'm choosing the lesser of two evils when I vote these days.

Amy D said...

At least you're playing games with Hayden! I feel the generation gap when I don't even get the new 3D games. I just kind of stand there with a dizzy stare on my face. Huh? Where are you supposed to go? I prefer the old 2D versions or even the good ol' Atari. Darling Easter outfits! We have those same buckets!

Ken and Amy said...

Your kids are adorable! The easter dress are beautiful and I LOVE your new hat...Kelli's one talented lady! Don't worry, we had snow on Easter too. Bummer. I look forward to the day when my kids can wear their nice spring dresses without sweaters and coats on top!

Angie said...

Aw, those pics from Easter are so cute! The kids are adorable. I'm glad that you've been having a good laugh lately. Everyone needs a little humor in their life when it's always cloudy in Ann Arbor!!!

amy said...

Agreed on the way cute hat! And kudos to you on playing the video game with Haydn. My kids are so beyond me with their video games but bring it on when it comes to Pac Man.
Sorry about the snow - it would drive me nuts too!