Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break Happenings

I feel uninspired on the blog lately, but I know I'll hit my stride again soon. Just working out the kinks, you know?

Although I'm DYING for a vacation, we're having a staycation, as in stay at home for spring break. That's okay, because we've been having fun. On Monday we went to a local ski hill to enjoy the groomed tubing runs. The whole fam had a great time, including Kara, who braved 8 runs and loved going "whee" with Dad. Here are some photos.







Our awesome friends from Boston, who now live in Portland, came and spent the night on Wednesday. We stayed up and played games just like the old days. Then we went to a children's museum today. Thanks for coming, Mandy and Michael! You're welcome anytime.

Tomorrow we are headed to the coast (as in the Pacific Ocean) to try and spot migrating gray and humpback whales. I am very excited about this adventure! We're not going out on a boat this time, but they migrate south in August, so we might try a boat then. We're taking our binoculars and going to spots where they have volunteers to help you spot the whales. I still remember the whale unit we had in kindergarten. I'll have lots to tell the kids tomorrow.

Although my bracket is kind of busted, we're still loving the NCAA tournament. It's a great time of year!

Hopin' for good hoops and plenty o'whales tomorrow,

Amy

3 comments:

Amy D said...

You're such a fun mom to give your kids a "staycation." I hope they appreciate you! I want to come see the whales on our spring break! And I'm glad to hear you love March Madness. Me too! Go UNC!

Mandy said...

Thanks again for having us! We had a ball. Did you see any whales?

jan said...

Looks like fun. H is getting so big and J hair is getting so long. It is fun to see pictures. Talk to you soon.