Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Milestones

Things, they are a-changin'. Not sure how to punctuate that. Maybe that's why I'm not a hillbilly. And my teeth are too straight.

Jillian's baptism was last weekend. She had a good experience, I think. My parents came to be with us for the short weekend. It was nice to have them here. Grandpa helped witness the baptism with Uncle Jonas and then they both helped confirm Jillian. I'm so proud of her decision. She is such a great young lady. It was especially cute to see her share these things with her Dad. They are both tall and thin and look like father and daughter! I think Jillian's favorite part was the warm water, wearing bare feet at church, and her pretty blue dress.

My birthday was last week too. I am now 32. Kyle left for Seattle the morning of my birthday, but I still got to do some fun things. I went for a 12-mile run with my friend and new running buddy Sharen (she's over 40 and in great shape!), ate lunch at the Olive Garden with another friend Terri, had a nap, ate chocolate, played outside with the kids for over an hour, and then my parents arrived! My Dad immediately started blowing up balloons and hanging streamers. We went out to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law, then came home and had Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake. I ordered the cake and went to pick it up myself, which made me feel kind of silly. I got several nice gifts, too. It was a nice day. The funny thing to me was the kids. Since Kyle didn't help them do anything, they went to no effort. When I asked Jillian if she would make me a card, she said she was kind of busy. Right, right.

The winners of the seeds of love giveaway are: Amy D., Shauna, Megann, Stephanie, and Kim. I'm looking forward to sending special gifts to each of these friends. I hope they spread some love on their blogs too, but I'm not really going to check up on them.

Enjoy the pictures!

Amy





8 comments:

Michael Family said...

fun to see the pics!

Mandy said...

Congratulations Jill! Happy birthdays all around!

mama bear said...

Wow, what a grown up girl! The blue dress is beautiful, what a special day. Also, happy late birthday to you! The ice cream cake looks so yummy, I might have to have one for my birthday.

Steph said...

Congratulations, Jillian! And congratulations to mom and dad as well. Can you believe we have children this old? I swear they were just born yesterday.

Angie said...

Congrats to Jillian. How awesome that she made that decision. I can't believe how big she is getting. Sounds like you had an awesome birthday too! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it even though Kyle was out of town. How fun that your parents were able to be there for it though!

Angie said...

Congrats to Jillian. How awesome that she made that decision. I can't believe how big she is getting. Sounds like you had an awesome birthday too! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it even though Kyle was out of town. How fun that your parents were able to be there for it though!

caligirl said...

OK! It is so crazy that Jillian is old enough to be baptized. I can't believe it! I hope you had a great birthday and tell Jillian Congrads from the Poulsens!

Amy D said...

Congratulations, Jilly Bean! That's such a fun day. She looks beautiful and you do too! And I'm glad you had a fun birthday. We love you!