Thursday, March 5, 2009

Asparagus two ways

It's asparagus season! I happen to LOVE asparagus the vegetable, so I've been buying myself a bunch every week. Too bad none of my other family members like it. Oh well, more for me! If you have any brilliant ways to prepare asparagus, pass them along. I'm going to try roasting some with some sea salt, olive oil, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Mmmm.

My littlest veggie Asparagus (Kara) is also in season. She is growing up so much and doing so many fun and funny things. She thinks she can do anything, even climb up on the tall bar stools by herself to eat with the big kids. She is talking quite a bit and I love to hear her yell out for "Haydy" or "Jilly". She also learned the value of the word "please" and says it repeatedly until she gets what she wants, or I distract her. If you come over she's sure to say hi, and when you leave she'll see you out the door with a "see ya". She's also been calling everyone "guys", which cracks me up. Some nights she takes her sunglasses to bed with her, which she always wears upside down. Here are a few photos of her. Her hair is finally coming in -- curly! I've been having fun trying to do it, but there's not quite enough yet to do much. I love her anyway. She is a great little girl.

Amy



10 comments:

mama bear said...

She is so cute! I love that her hair is coming in curly. Brett makes the yummiest asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. So unhealthy but quite tasty!

Joel Deehr said...

I heard asparagus with Doritos Cooler Ranch is really good. mmmmmmm.

Kierstin said...

There is that Cream of Aspargus soup recipe in the AAU ward cook book. I think I made it once and it was pretty good.

Polliwog said...

I can't picture you as a mother of 3, even though you have been for almost 2 years. I'm sure it's the same for you. We need to get together just so you won't be stuck in my head the way you were 2 years ago. :)

Becky said...

What a doll! I can't believe how fast they grow up.

Michael Family said...

So cute! I miss Kara. James and Katie were pretending that they were Hayden and Jillian yesterday. It was pretty funny. And all of us love asparagus except James!

Anonymous said...

I love the tea party picture! I can't wait to see Kara and all of you soon.

jan said...

She is so cute. They grow up so fast. I just can't imagine her talking, well if she is like her sister I can but I just see her the way I remember her and it seems weird. I wish we could get together and play.

Amy D said...

What a cutie! Connor always wears his sunglasses upside down too. And I'm an asparagus lover (the only one in my family) too!

Britney said...

she is such a doll and a good little friend. Annie and her played wonderfully. They were really good at sharing, thank goodness! thanks for letting us be friends!!