Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bob vs. Jillian




If you don't watch The Biggest Loser (Tuesdays at 8pm on NBC), this post might not interest you. But I usually read your American Idol posts, even if they don't interest me! Ha! Seriously, though, someone let me know if American Idol is worth watching this season, and when it's on. I haven't seen any of it yet.

But back to my favorite motivational reality show . . . I love Wednesday workouts. I put Hayden on the bus for kindergarten, get Kara down for a nap if she's ready or not, and watch TBL on my DVR. I hop on the treadmill and sweat it out with Bob, Jillian, and the fat crew. I say that with a lot of respect, because those people are working hard! There was some good drama last night too, huh? I usually fast forward more than half of the show, but I actually watched some of the dialogue because I was in the middle of lifting weights and couldn't get to the remote. Lots of players are ticked off at Jillian this season (she's the trainer with the good name), but her team, the black team, keeps winning and is doing really well. So today I asked myself the same question I ask myself every week: Would I want to train with Bob or Jillian?

It's a hard question. Bob seems a little more new age -- yoga, inner self, sensitive stuff. But he also seems to be a good trainer and people like him. He doesn't push people until they're upset and crying and mad, but he does push them. Jillian, on the other hand, is kind of whiny and annoying, but she definitely knows how to kick someone's butt in the gym. I'm not sure she's a great people person, but I think she is a good trainer. And she has her own website. Who knew?

In the end, and because it's late and I'm really tired, here's my answer. If I were really overweight and needed to get kick started, I would want Jillian to be my trainer. But since I'm not overweight, and would really just like some new exercises and ideas, and to maybe look a few pounds lighter, I think I'll take Bob. Besides, he has a nice smile and a cute Southern accent.

Who do you want to train with?

Totally kicking my own bum this week,

Amy

4 comments:

Polliwog said...

Finally!! I've been waiting for this post ever since you alluded to it in our last phone call.

I think you have some valid points. But still, I'm drawn to Jillian. I think I need someone to kick my bootie. Plus, I don't believe I'd be bawling like a lot of those wimpies. I would be more like Tara and rise to the occasion. Tough like nails, that's me.

Bob is a little too touchy-feely for me. And why doesn't he tell Phillipe to suck it up?

This episode was much better than last week's boring non-happening.

Oh, and Idol is only worth watching if you are liberal with your remote (assuming you used the dvr, of course) I watch a 2 hour episode in about 20 minutes.

rebecca said...

Tuesday was crazy. I felt so bad for the gal who gained 2 pounds...glad to see she's lots LOTS of weight since going home.
I like how in-your-face and blunt Jillian is and I'd definitely pick her to help me train for an event, but if I was training just to work out I'd go with Bob. Jillian's cussing would drive me insane, so I can't imagine training with her long term.

Amy D said...

I'm such a fan too! Glad to know I'm in good company. I watch it during my Wednesday bike trainer workouts. I always ask myself the same question (Bob or Jillian?), and I've long since decided that I would like Bob.

Megann said...

Drama is the correct word for this week's episode. Felipe has always been a favorite of mine but I didn't like how he blamed everything on Jillian this week. Never mind his 24 hour period of relaxation and chicken fingers with french fries. Shame!