Missing: A brand spankin' new Cadillac limo with 5 inch glass and armored doors.
Missing: A ball where I got to hob nob with politicians, celebrities, and heads of state.
Missing: All day coverage on every major news network.
Missing: A parade.
Missing: 2 million people in attendance.
So, no, my inauguration as the new Young Women's President in our ward wasn't quite the spectacle that President Obama's was, but we do share the same title. And I don't have to deal with national debt, terrorism threats, lobbyists, pork barrel spending, balancing a budget ($800 billion bailout what????), or having people watch my every move. And technically, I wasn't really inaugurated. Just sustained. But that's enough for me. Wish me luck!
Amy
12 comments:
Umm, good luck. That is a hard calling. You have to deal with promiscuous and/or snotty teenagers, or completely apathetic ones. But you can do it!!!
Wow, that's a big calling! You will be fabulous. The girls will love you. The bonds that you make in YW will last forever. Enjoy it.
Are you sure people won't be watching your every move? :)
The girls will love you! Very exciting!
NPR said that the Obamas had TEN balls to attend. Isn't that crazy? Hopefully your family will get lots of free meals too.
That is great news! Wow, I know you will do great. You are such a fun person, how could those teenage girls not just adore you. Congrats...or should I say Good luck?!?!??!?!?!
How fun! I love the young women. They try to act so old and independent, but really need you SO much. What a great opportunity. Enjoy your time with them!
Congrats on the new calling! You're perfect for the job. Those girls will be so lucky to have you as a friend and role model. I've been such a bad blogger lately--both writing and reading--so I've been spending time today catching up on others' blogs. Sounds like you're up to much good lately. Good for you!
I like the comparison, very funny. Good luck! You will be great!
Oh wow! You'll do great!
Hey, that's awesome! I've never worked with the YW, but I think it would be so much fun. You are the perfect person for the job, and keeping up with a handful of teenage girls is way more fun than keeping up with an entire country!
Wow. That's going to be a lot of work, but (like everything you do) I'm sure you'll do it well. Keep us posted on what you think of it all.
Post a Comment