You know, like the frozen corn from Green Giant. It's just a few nibbles of veggie news.
I totally ate like 4 brownies tonight. Triple chocolate with mint icing. Irresistible. But I'm going to keep off the no treat thing until Feb. 2nd. I just had a little "oops", that's all. Okay, a big oops. And now I have a stomachache.
Our family is doing something kinda cool I thought I'd share. We have a goal to do a service project every month. In November we helped plant trees in our park. In December (on Christmas day) we went to a senior citizen dinner and helped clean up. My sis Shauna organized that one. I was really inspired by these things, so now I'm trying to help my kids learn the value of service in the community. This month we made cards and went and visited some sick older people that we know. Throughout the year we're going to do things like garbage clean up around the park, yard work for the same elderly couple, food or clothing drives, etc. I hope to find some good resources for family service. Any ideas?
Kyle's boss is the coolest. Not only did he give us his tickets for the musical "Annie" this weekend ($45 each!), he is also so respectful of our religion and practices. Recruiting season is coming up, and it is expected that each faculty member take the interviewees out to dinner. These events will be on Monday and Thursday evenings. Kyle's boss came into his office to make sure it Kyle could attend some of the Monday dinners. He said something like "I know Monday is a day you try to be home with your family, so I wanted to make sure you are okay with hosting a couple of dinners. Will that work out?" How cool is that? He's a really great guy, and I appreciate him.
I am making a quilt for my sister Shauna, who's baby is due on the 27th of this month, and it's actually turning out! I'm excited for that, because I don't have my wise quilting friends from Michigan to help me out. I've found some new quiliting friends, but they don't live as close. Shauna's also said that I can attend the birth and help her, so I'm hoping it works out. Kyle's going out of town the weekend the baby's due, which could be a problem. But I am so excited to be there when the little guy or girl is born. I hope it happens! Hang in there, Shauna!
Well, that's it. Until next time . . . watch out for those brownies!
Amy
6 comments:
I think the service projects are a great idea! You can always check out the United Way website for opportunities. And I hope you can be there for the birth too!
Yum,brownies! I made peppermint chocolate cake and I don't feel the least bit guilty. The service projects are a great idea! We should do that! And I wish I could be there for Shauna.
Always so nice to have a boss like that. Makes everything more pleasant, and I'm sure you are more willing to deal with Kyle being gone when he has to - because you know you are not both being abused! (: and let's see a pic of the quilt!
did you get the right fabric measurements for the quilt? I want to see a pic when you are done.
Yummm... brownies are one of my biggest weaknesses.
Good idea with the service projects. Maybe when my kids are a little older...
I'd like to attend a birth, but I never want anyone (except my hubby) to be at any of mine. Hmmm, is that fair?
If you're going to go down, go down with a bang! That's my motto. I'm still going strong, though. Why February 2nd? And are you ever going to email me back with party ideas? :) I plan to eat a treat at my party (Feb 6) and on Valentine's Day, but those are my written in exceptions. It's going fine so far, so I'll keep it up as long as I can.
I can't wait to see the quilt.
Post a Comment