These notes were found by the children on their beds today. It seems we have a new fairy in the house, and she likes things clean. Subtle, yet effective.
Dearest Darlingest Jillian,
I was so pleased by your clean room yesterday. Your dolls look so sweet at their tiny tea table. I was tempted to sit down myself. Your closet shows great improvement, although a little more work may be necessary to truly have a clean room. Imagine my surprise upon arriving to sit at your cute little vanity and fluff my wings. Your room was in a hideous state of uproar! The bed, so soft and comfortable in its pale blue, was unmade. Your pajamas were scattered willy-nilly about the floor. And then I found your dirty clothes from yesterday. I gasped in horror! My dear, sweet, capable, clean girl: please clean your room at once. I shudder to think what your mother would say should she happen upon this mess. I shall leave a chocolate next time, my dear, if I find your room clean.
Your friend in cleanliness,
The Clean Room Fairy
Master Hayden,
Once again, a ship shape room, my friend. You are to be congratulated. However, what in the world occurred in your closet? It looks as if the Legos had a major accident. They are cascading off the shelf on to the floor in a most shocking manner. Please clean them up before I come again. You may need to ask your handsome father or beautiful and talented mother for assistance. I shall leave a chocolate on your pillow if, upon my return, the closet is clean. Ta ta for now!
Yours in clutterless living,
The Clean Room Fairy
11 comments:
Hilarious! Tell me if it works. I think I'll write one up for Chad.
cute idea. did they get a chocolate or is it too soon to tell?
Ha, you are so funny and very smart! I love the way that your write. It makes me want to tidy and orginize my desk in my room hoping that i will receive a yummy chocolate treat on my pillow!
Hey, send her my way! I made my bed AND I like chocolate!
Cute cute. So creative. I wanna know the results!
You're a crack up, Amy. You'll have to keep us posted whether this was effective. My kids could use a persuasive clean room fairy in their lives, that's for sure.
Oh yes, Hayden does have a most beautiful and talented mother. :) Did they laugh?
It's working swimmingly, especially for Jillian, who tends to have the messier room. Hayden just likes the free chocolate. Jillian knows it's me, but somehow the "fairy" idea is less confrontational. Thanks to Terri for the great idea!
That is so funny. I did a similar thing this week. I only told them that I emailed the house fairy to come and D was up cleaning awaiting the visit. If you go to house fairy there is a clean fairy by flylady.com, it may make a believer out of J. I like your notes they are so cute.
So cute! I might have to steal that one when my kids can read!
I LOVE IT!! what a cute idea!! and good luck with being YW president!! you'll be great!
Post a Comment