Here's my newest niece. She arrived quickly this morning. I missed her birth by about 6 minutes. I got to do the fun stuff though, holding and oohing and ahhing. Shauna did all the work -- sans any drugs. What an appropriate use of sans! She looked great after her speedy 6 hour labor. Thanks for letting me be there, guys. It was so fun and special. Malia is a very cute baby. I can't wait to see her again. Being an aunt is great! And being in a delivery room without having to deliver a baby is even better. Though it did make me a bit baby hungry . . . I'll try to get over that!
Congratulations to Shauna, Jonas, and Kjersten. I love you and am soooo happy that Malia arrived safely and on her due date.
Amy
3 comments:
thanks Amy, we love you too. I love the baby sign and will proudly display it tomorrow. We were so happy you could come to the hospital, though sad that you missed the actual delivery, I mean, birth. :)
Isn't it so fun to hold a sweet little brand new baby, especially one that isn't messing with your hormones and keeping you up all hours of the night?
Whoa! I was confused for a minute there seeing you holding a teeny baby. . . and looking showered, and thin, and not tired . . . and-- Oh! That's SHAUNA'S baby. I didn't THINK I was that out of touch! Yeah for Aunt Shauna! We still sing her "we all jump up" addendum to "Ring Around the Rosy."
Post a Comment