So, I think the snow gods are giving me a little payback for not being excited about the storms last week. I am now penitent. And asking for a reprieve. Both my parents and my brother need to travel on I-84 to get here for Christmas. There's just a teensy weensy problem. A 45 mile section of the highway is closed. And a new storm is set to start on Christmas eve day. So they have a small window to travel, which is tomorrow. I need the road to open. My brother Joel could go another way, but it is more mountainous and he would need to use chains. I'm sending out a plea for good wishes, prayers, and karma on behalf of my family and all others who are trying to travel. It's been quite a week for weather. But everyone knows there's no place like home for the holidays, and home is with family. I need my family! I also need my king-sized bed, which was supposed to arrive tomorrow. It's currently snowed in up in Seattle, so guess who'll be sleeping on an air mattress for a week. In her own house. Yep, me. I'm giving our queen bed to our guests, since that was my original intention. I'm pretty sure the bed is not going to miraculously arrive tomorrow, but I hope my parents and brother do! Good luck, guys!
Amy
4 comments:
I'll say prayers for your family, Amy! We're all trying to travel home to Idaho too, and it's looking iffy right now as well. I'm glad to have a white Christmas, but I too would like a break just long enough for people to get where they need--and WANT--to be, and to get there safely. Merry Christmas!
Whoa! Good luck! I'm thankful we got out in time!
How did it all work out? I hope you are having a great Christmas!
Oh my! I hope everyone arrived safely (including your bed) and that you are having a fantastic Christmas with your family!
Post a Comment