Asparagus and me last Easter, when it snowed like crazy.
It is supposed to snow this weekend. Oregonians everywhere are smiling, murmuring things like "Isn't this exciting? I can't wait! It might snow. I hope it snows a lot." Blah. After spending the last 7 years in Boston and Michigan, where it snows 6 months out of the year and lingers in dirty piles until May, I don't want any snow! Call me winter scrooge if you want to, but I'm just not in the mood. I'll take 2 fluffy inches on Christmas morning, and enough for the local ski mountains to do well, but that's it. I reached my snow quota long ago. Although one of my favorite Christmas songs is "Let It Snow," I don't want to see too much of it. Besides, Bean and Asparagus don't even have snow boots, and I'm not anxious to run out and buy some.
I should look on the bright side of things, though. If it does snow, I have a garage. I won't be scraping any snow off the car while my fingers freeze and snow slides down my pant legs. And the kids would love it. And it is the weekend. Alright, I guess it can snow. But it had better be GOOD snow, and not just a slushy mess. Did you hear that, weather?
Amy
7 comments:
Boo Hoo. -2 is in high in Montana for Sunday. :) I still love you though.
Duly noted, Mrs. Veggie, but fluffy snow isn't known in these parts. Don't worry about buying the kids boots. the snow won't be around long enough.
It was -9 yesterday when I took the kids to the store. I am sooooooo jealous!!
Guilty. I'm one of "those" people that loves a good snow storm.
No snow is one of the reasons we love California. I am with you all the way on this snow thing.
Okay. Our church was canceled today over 1/2 INCH OF SNOW! Where I come from, anything under 3 feet is a skiff.
I'm with you Amy! Today it is cold and windy, and last night's rain melted all the residual snow but don't worry we'll get more. Blech! I can't wait to get back out to the west coast where there we have to travel to experience the yukky white stuff.
Post a Comment