Monday, August 13, 2007

Veggie what???

So, my first post of my second blog. My first blog (the name of which completely escapes my mind) got obliterated in cyberspace after I neglected it for several months. I will endeavor to do better with this blog! I think I'll explain the name first. We have 2.9 children, with the 3.0 coming any day (or minute) now. Our first, Jillian, (age 6.5) was nicknamed "The Bean" as a baby. Our second, Hayden, (age 4.5) was nicknamed "The Pea", although it didn't stick quite as well as his sister's. When we informed the children we were having a 3rd child and asked for ideas for names, Hayden promptly chose Asparagus, a nice gender-neutral name. And since said gender is unknown, I think it works! We (meaning me, mostly) also love vegetables and all things green. And it's kind of hard to come up with a creative blog name with all the blogs out there -- especially when you are 9 months pregnant and desperately wishing you weren't!

The veggie (but not vegetarian or vegan) parents of the bunch are Kyle, a grad student in accounting, and Amy, a stay-at-home mom. We currently live in Michigan. We have friends and family all over the country, and thought a blog would be a good way to stay in touch. If nothing else, it will give Amy something to do until the baby is born. Enjoy the blog! We'll post more soon, although it might be hard to get Kyle to contribute.

Amy

No comments: