Well, she's here! We are so excited to have a new baby. It's strange to see this new little person hanging around. It's especially strange for me (Amy) because she looks absolutely nothing like me. If I didn't know exactly where she came from, I might think she belongs to someone else.
Kyle and I went to the hospital on Thursday evening for the induction. Things went well. I felt like I was completely in control and could make the decisions I needed to. I got the epidural around 4:30am and she was born after about 30 minutes of pushing. Here are the vital stats:
Weight - 8 pounds 5 ounces. What?? How could she be so big? Hayden was only 6 lbs 1 oz, so she seemed huge to us. Weirdly enough, she seems much smaller today. Maybe she lost some water weight too. Ha!
Length - 20 1/2 inches. I swear she's longer, though, because she spent lots of time with her feet WAY up in my ribs. : )
Time of birth: 6:51am. Fun fact: She shares a birthday with my Grandma, Catie Deehr.
Hair: Light brown, but she has blond eyebrows
Coloring: Fair - pretty pink today. I'm pretty sure she'll be like Kyle and Hayden. Jillian was olive-skinned from the get go.
Eyes: Dark gray. We'll have to see what color they change to.
Being surprised about the gender was lots of fun. We were shocked to see she was a girl, as we both kind of thought we were having a boy based on things various nurses and ultrasound techs said throughout the pregnancy. Jillian and Hayden are both enamored with their little sister. Jillian holds her all the time and is very interested in taking care of her. Hayden doesn't hold her as much, but said something cute yesterday. He was holding her and kissing her and said "Mom, I love this baby. She is so comfy." It is nice to hold a soft fuzzy baby. I'm glad to have her! I'm also glad to have some Percoset and an excuse to stay in my pajamas for a few days. My blood pressure is still a little high, so I hope that goes away soon. I also hope someone reads my blog! : )
Amy
2 comments:
What an adorable Asparagus! Congratulations to you all. Glad to have Kara with us and part of the Northwood familiy now.
Also we are glad to see you have a blog now, that way we can keep in touch instead of walking 15 feet to your house. Keep up the blog, more people read them then you think!
Amy, I just loved reading your blog and seeing your pics. Thanks for sending the email. Just today I was wondering about you and your baby and wanting to talk with you. What a great surprize to get your mail. I love the Veggie theme. Kara does go great with Asparagus. And I love the name Kara Jane. I have really grown to love the name Jane the past few years and I think Kara is a great compliment to it. Way to go. Good Job. Pat yourself on the back. Way to choose a good name. You're three for three on the good name choosing game.
Post a Comment