Hayden is a funny kid. He's almost 4 and a half, and full of personality. He's also embraced the technological age. Although I'm sure he doesn't understand the internet or how it works (Really, who does?? Okay, don't answer that. Probably I'm the only one who has just a vague idea.), Hayden understands the usefulness of the internet in his life. Whatever he's interested in, he asks me to go to
www. _________.com. Some examples include:
www.knex.com -- Print out new patterns to build stuff, really hard stuff!
www.hotwheels.com -- Check out cars and racetracks, then bug your parents to buy them.
www.hotdog.com -- Decided not to check this one out; too risky.
www.mariobrothers.com -- He wanted to find a Luigi costume for Halloween
Anyway, I think it's funny to hear a four year-old say "Mom, can we go to www.peep.com to check it out?" Or "Let's go to willitblend.com and watch the blender again." Thanks to Kyle for introducing that one to the family. I'm sure there's some educational value in watching a grown man blend an ipod; I'll let you know when I decide how to justify that.
Ah, the internet. How did we live without it? And would Hayden believe me if I told him there were no "dot coms" in my childhood?
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment