Monday, August 20, 2007

Rain, rain, go away!


It is raining BUCKETS today. Literally. I think it has been raining for at least 24 hour straight. I went to the basement and heard a gurgle coming from the drain. Yikes! Hope we don't get a flood. We put this yellow contraption down there a couple of years ago that is supposed to keep the water from coming up the drain. How do I think it works? By sending the water to the neighbor's basement instead. That's nice, huh? It's raining so hard that I don't want to go outside and try my new rain boots, although I did wear them to the mailbox today. I've wanted rain boots ever since we moved to rainy Michigan (about 3 inches of rain per month, on average). I finally found some for a good price at Target.com. You can check out my new boots above. I have to take Kara to the doctor for a weight check tomorrow. I hope it's still raining just enough that I can wear my boots!

Speaking of Kara, she got a visit from a nurse at home today and weighs in at 8 pounds, 2 ounces. She was alert and awake for two hours today, and it was fun to see her eyes. Jillian played with her and showed her all her toys. And she's pretty much been asleep since then. Some friends brought clothes by for her, since she doesn't have any. My favorite thing for newborns is the layette baby bags. They keep snuggly warm and I don't have to mess with snaps!

No comments: