I've been trying out a few of my pins, and I thought I'd share some results. Because, really, what is the point of saving all those ideas if you never try them!
First, there are a zillion hair tutorials and braid inspirations. Here are a few I've tried. I am begging Kara to let me try things on her, but she isn't always interested.
Fishtail braid - sorry the lighting is bad. I did this myself! Pretty chic, I think.
A small waterfall braid on Jillian. She has nice thick straight hair.
A braid into a bun. Really I just couldn't stand my hair anymore after five months without a cut. It didn't turn out too bad, I think.
I saw this cake pinned and knew it would be perfect for the scout cake decorating contest. The flames were actually so easy to make. I'm glad I learned the technique because I will be using it for other things as well! Hayden helped me with our version and I think it turned out great.
I also tried these healthy no bake cookies. They actually turned out pretty good, but I found them too sweet. I will reduce the agave and honey next time. You do have to keep them refrigerated, though, because they are quite sticky. There are several other similar recipes pinned, so I might try another one next time.
I need to get going on some of the crafty things I have pinned. I love having a place where I can save ideas and come back to them when I am ready.
Are you pinning??


3 comments:
I'm afraid to start Pinning. I've heard it sucks your time, but it sounds cool! I love the braids.
That's a cool cake! I haven't pinned yet. I don't know if I really need to, although I like the idea of it. I've heard Pinterest will go down as the next Napster, because people are duplicating photos with copyrights like it's going out of style. Only time will tell.....
I haven't ever done pinning, but I haven't done Facebook either, so no surprise.
I REALLY like that braid into a bun look on you! Seriously, it is so pretty and you look like a dancer or like you are ready for a night on the town with your hubby.
Tell Hayden that I think that is the coolest cake I've seen in awhile!
Post a Comment