Friday, January 13, 2012

Fashion Friday - Equestrienne

I realize my photos are amateur at best, which is why I don't post more outfits, but I have fun with Fashion Friday, so humor me!

I have been picturing the outfit I wore today in my head ever since I saw the sweater in Banana Republic. It called to me, specifically the elbow patches. Thanks to Santa and Kyle's mom for making the rest of the outfit come together. Although I am kind of afraid of horses, I love riding boots. And I'm now a proud owner of a pair of perfect ones. They cost a pretty penny, even with Christmas gift cards, but riding boots are one of those classic wardrobe items that will never go out of style. And if I'm ever invited to a polo match, I'll have the proper footwear. The necklace is from a shop on Etsy, and the removable love letter inside says je t'aime (I love you). Here are some photos of my new favorite outfit (with some great running commentary).

Trying for a different angle for photos. My living room feels very minimalist now that there are no Christmas decorations. I need a better photographer than my self-timer.

Better.

Even better. Nice shot of the elbow patch. And man, my hair is getting long. And now you can see all that stepmill work at the gym is paying off. Mmm hmm.

Close up of my love letter necklace. I think Kyle did a good job picking it out. It's whimsical and charming. Like me! (I know I'm going to regret this post tomorrow.)

There's just something about dressing nice that makes me happy. Fashion may be a bit frivolous, I admit, but it's also a form of self-expression. And today my outfit is totally me.


post signature

4 comments:

Britney said...

I love that sweater! It is very flattering on you and the whole outfit is so cute. I love the boots too! I can always use fashion advise so I like fashion Friday :)

Michael Family said...

I must confess, I just don't get the elbow patches. But you look cute and stylish! I just don't have the style and courage to do elbow patches. :)

Amy said...

you looked super cute yesterday. LOVE the elbow patches- i actually found a tutorial of how to add some to sweaters. though i don't trust myself to actually do it :) and the necklace? so unique and sweet!

Sweeney Household said...

I LOVE the riding boots! I could have made quite the fashion statement at Megan's little friend's birthday party last week wearing those. It was a pony party in Lincoln, MA and you, my friend, would have fit right in!!!