PJJs are lounge pants that you can put on in the late afternoon or evening before you are ready to put on your pajamas, but when you are done wearing your trousers, pants, jeans, or skirt for the day. There are some rules for PJJs:
1. They need to have a finished hem, preferably not cuffed or elasticized.
2. Pockets add comfort and practicality.
3. They cannot have a crazy pattern.
4. They should be a more subdued color.
5. They should fit well -- not too tight, but not too over-sized either.
6. They should be crazy comfortable. Mine are lined with micro fleece.
PJJs are very practical. If someone comes to the door at, say, 7pm, you might be mortified to be seen in your pajamas, but your PJJs are perfectly acceptable door-answering wear. If you need to run to the store for milk at 9pm, you might feel obligated to change out of pajamas (unless you are the woman I saw at the store in an adult-sized blanket sleeper), but PJJs look just fine at the grocery store late at night. If you have to take out the trash, your neighbors won't gawk at you if you are in your PJJs, as opposed to your bathrobe or underwear.
Here are a couple of snaps of me in my PJJs. They are almost identical to Kyle's. I got them off a clearance rack at Target for about $13. They are the Champion C9 brand.
You might not see them on the runway anytime soon (although there was a Snuggie fashion show, so who knows), but I highly recommend getting a pair of PJJs. Thanks, Kyle, for the fashion tip!
3 comments:
I love it! The whole post. The great idea and the hilarious commentary. And I think it's funny that it's so obvious Kyle took the pictures. They are taken from way. up.high.
Thanks for the smile!
They look comfy, but what happened to your hip? Did you break one?
Love it. I am a believer in this, although I never knew there was a name for it! I usually go with my black sweat pants (but they are nicer than sweat pants) and some sort of fitted t-shirt. Perfect for dropping kids off to school in the morning when you haven't gotten dressed yet, but can't be seen in your PJs.
Post a Comment