Thursday, September 29, 2011

Funky

Not going to beat around the bush here, dear readers, today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I have self-diagnosed myself as "in a funk." I am sure there are several reasons for my funkiness, some of which I hope to have resolved when I get some blood test results back. Meanwhile, I search for ways to overcome said funk and return to my normal stasis.

Things that are helping:

baby babble
one diet Pepsi
one cinnamon roll (well, I got a stomachache after, so maybe not)
one novel followed by one nap
the sunshine (I'd better get out and enjoy it)
the promise of a good cardio workout at the gym tonight (while Kyle puts the veggies to bed)
an email in my inbox from a blogger:

Thank you for your sweet comment today on What I Wore... it really made my day :)

xoxo
Jessica

Do any of you ever read Jessica's blog What I Wore?

She's quite well-known in the style blogging world. I like her blog because she finds and wears vintage pieces (and makes them look good!), sews her own clothes, and combines clothes in inspiring ways. She also seems kind and friendly, and her last name is very cool.

I write this to let you know that a kind note, word, compliment or text can improve someone's day. Apparently mine did that for Jessica yesterday. And she helped me out today too. Guess I'll go find something nice to say to someone. Check your inbox!


post signature

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry about your funk. I've felt that way at times in my life too. I admire that you are being proactive about it, and that you are finding things to make you happy. Good luck, and hang in there.

Natalie Jane said...

Thats a great funk list. I may have to try that out....

Amy D said...

Sorry you were in a funk. Hopefully, Conference helped pull you out of it. You're good to always look for the positives in life. Remember that you are loved!