We went to Spokane the last weekend in August. I grew up in Spokane, and my parents still live there, but we don't visit very often because my parents come here at least 2 times a year. My Grandma Catie also lives in Spokane, in a nursing home, and I wanted her to meet Kate and see the kids again, so off we went. Kyle was a good sport and went along with the trip, even though he really wanted to stay home and work. We also met my sister for a day at Silverwood (largest amusement park in the NW and pretty darn fun!). The kids had a great time with their cousins on all the rides, and the water park was just what we needed to cool down in the 90+ degree weather. I went to my cousin's wedding and we got family photos taken too. It was a busy weekend!
The highlight of the weekend for me was visiting with Grandma Catie. She is 89 years old and mostly confined to a wheelchair. She also has a condition that makes it hard for her to talk, but she was much more lucid and alert than last time I saw her, and she still has her sense of humor. I really enjoyed watching her interact with Kate. She loved seeing a baby and holding her hand. My Dad and I also took Grandma Catie for a ride out to Lake Coeur d'Alene. It was so cute so see tiny Grandma in the front seat with her visor and sunglasses on, cracking jokes and telling stories as best she could. She is the last grandparent I have, and Kyle has none living, so I think she's extra special. I was really glad to see her again and have the kids talk to her and hug her.
Photos? Yes!
BUT THE DRESS ZIPPED UP. Squee!
3 comments:
woah, your hair is getting long.
That's sweet. I took Sarah to visit my grandma for the first time on Monday. You just never know how long they're going to be here. Congrats on getting your wedding dress on!
I saw the picture of the lovely lady in the wedding dress and thought, "Wow! Amy's cousin sure looks a LOT like her!"
Wish I could still fit in my wedding dress...
Post a Comment