Friday, September 23, 2011

I Spy



Something beautiful . . . the dahlias blooming in my backyard and near Kara's preschool. They are still gorgeous and make my day better every time I see them.

Something scary . . . middle school boys chugging extra large energy drinks at 9am on their way to school. Poor teachers!

Something annoying . . . food on the floor under Kate's high chair after every meal. She's very fussy this week (teething?) and even threw a popsicle on the floor. Sigh.

Something fun . . . the clearance rack at Target. Scored some goodies that I totally don't need.

Something new . . . wall shelves for my living room and new family photos to put up. I'm back to decorating!

Something rare . . . the ironing pile has disappeared. There is no article of clothing in need of ironing in this house. That is monumental, dear readers.

Something sticking around . . . this blog. I still like doing it, so you're still getting it. It's a good thing, right?

Something warm . . . summer is ending and although it was 90 degrees today, the pants are coming out of storage. The weather next week calls for upper 60s.

Something fantastic . . . my brother-in-law Jonas passed the bar exam and can now officially practice law! It stumped him for a bit, so I'm so proud of him and happy for my sister Shauna and their family.

Something cute . . . photo of Kara and Kate for their orange and green bedroom. Kara is moving out of Hayden's lower bunk and back into her downstairs bedroom. I think Kate sleeps well enough now.

post signature

7 comments:

ellen said...

Something good...your blog!

Unknown said...

Something priceless. . . that picture of Kara and Kate. Too cute!!!

Michael Family said...

What? No "something yummy?" That would have been a good one. I'll start you out...chocolate, pesto with fresh mozzarella and garden tomatoes, Moose Tracks ice cream....

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Your girls are so GROWN UP! I can't believe how big they are! We are excited to be "living" there for a few months. Can't wait to see you!

Steph said...

the something rare. . .that's like something that will never happen at my house. . .ironing, blech!

Mandy said...

Love that picture! I can"t believe how big they are!!!!

Melissa said...

This is a cute idea! I may steal it for my blog... You're always so creative!