Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fabulous Four

Miss Kara Jane, who loves the word "recently" and recently told me that she would like to be renamed "Jane", turned 4 just one week after her sister Kate Michelle turned 1. And with Kara's birthday comes the end of family birthdays for a year. All six of our family birthdays fall within a 6-month period (to the day!); thus, now we are on birthday sabbatical. Thank goodness for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day to keep us busy until the birthdays resume.

Kara's birthday was a rushed affair, since Kyle and I were out of town until 3 days before. Despite the hurried preparations, I think Miss Asparagus had a wonderful day. Here are some photos as proof:

She got her ears pierced! After days of stick-on earrings that always fell off, she was excited to have pink stars. I was a bit surprised she actually went through with it. Kara was so brave.

We went out for pizza dinner with her good friend Alice and Alice's family.

Kyle came home early to take Kara out to pick out a new big bike.

She got Squinkies! I can't tell you how many months she has been waiting for Squinkies!

She got cake and ice cream with all of her closest friends.

Kara Jane is a sweet, funny, kind, clever girl and I am so lucky to be her mother. Although she's been a bit fiesty the past few weeks, she is generally very agreeable and fun to be around. She plays well by herself and with others, she loves to help, and she is a very important member of our family. She's learning to read, can count to 100 and by 2's, and can do basic addition. She also has a great singing voice and can shake her hips like nobody's business. Happy Birthday to her!

post signature

4 comments:

Michael Family said...

Squinkies! I can't bring myself to buy them, because they look like bubble gum machine toys that should be in the garbage, but Katie keeps wanting them. Are they worth it? You'll have to let me know. Happy birthday Kara!

Unknown said...

Oooh, did she get to wear make-up on her birthday too?

Amy D said...

What are Squinkies??? I guess I'll be learning these things now that we have a girl :) What a cutie! She's really growing up!

Katie Stapleton said...

Wow! I haven't checked blogs in a while, and got a glace at Kara. She was born only a few days after we moved to AA. It is amazing to see what a darling and grown up little girl she is!!