Anyway, what would you like to hear and see here on According to Amy?
More fashion?
More recipes?
More self-deprecation?
More cute and annoying kid antics?
Here's one for you: Kara and I were driving home from the grocery store yesterday. I was feeling tired and pensive (must have been the swirling dark clouds in the sky) so I turned on the local classical music station. Go figure, some pensive cello music was playing. I was quite enjoying my moment when Kara asked "What song is this, Mom? 'I Smell Toenails'?" (Wow. I am 99% sure I punctuated that sentence incorrectly. And yet, I am not going to think about how to change it.) Yes, Kara, I am sure that's what it was. Rachmaninoff's concerto for cello. The "I Smell Toenails" movement.
Back to the list:
More deep thoughts and opinions about the state of the world?
More home improvement/craft projects? (This one might be difficult as I'm not doing any.)
More parenting tips? (Do I ever give any of those?)
More relationship advice? (ditto to above)
More minute details of my not-so-exciting life?
Or less questioning, more writing? Less writing, more photos? More giveaways, some videos?
Alright, enough of that. If you have any input, or if you just want to say hi, leave a comment. I'm always curious to know who's reading. Heck, you could even become a follower.
And now, a few photos of me and my great siblings from Christmas. I love to be with all of them, and it doesn't happen nearly enough.
11 comments:
I'm still reading! And I have no idea what to tell you to write about... I struggle with that myself! It doesn't matter-- I still enjoy reading your blog, even if it's about everything and nothing. :)
I love the recipes that you post. I want the one for the cauliflower fritters? you made once when we came over. I like reading your blog. You're still witty to me at 10:17 pm.
You look gorgeous. I was actually thinking that I remember Joel stories from back in the day when we were at school and he was a young teenager. Now we're all old. I'm trying to think if I know of any cute single girls. . .
You are silly. Kara is sillier. I would like to see more posts about anything! Your blog is fun. :)
I agree with Shauna. I love reading blogs with recipes that are easy and good. I don't do much cooking, baking, etc., so if I know something has already been tested and tried, I'm more likely to do it ;)
I'm still with you! I'm in a bit of a blog slump as well, but at least you are still posting. I seem to have dropped off the earth. Just keep on doing what you're doing! I do love your recipes, and I'm always looking for new craft ideas. And I will always love lots of kid pics/info!!
I read your blog all the time and I think your balance of wittiness, self-deprecation, recipes, etc. is great. I often do the same thing. I wonder what to post because really nothing in my life is that earth-shattering! So I say keep doing what you are doing!! And Hi.
I loved the pics of you and your sisters, your favorite brother & your parents! It is tricky to get more than one child to smile, stand still, etc.
Your thoughts about blog-posts going through your head on a daily basis made me smile. DITTO! I enjoy writing, whether it's about funny things kids do or say, a good book I've read, or something I find profound. I enjoy reading what goes on in peoples' lives and relating to them on some level. You always make me laugh, and the tone of your posts are clever and enjoyable. Write the posts that you create in your mind during the day and we, all your faithful readers, will enjoy them. :)
Hi. And I seriously can't believe how young your mom looks. She could be another sister. I love reading whatever you have to say. And I love your raspberry freezer jam. Thanks! Oh, and BYU better get it together or they're going to lose this game (Colorado State)
I love reading your thoughts! I like the recipes because they are healthier than mine and I would love to see more pictures and goings on of your kids. Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I have been finding grays for a few years now. Sigh
I love your blog! And I love to hear whatever is on your mind. :) It's fun to see your whole family together. Yes, your mom does look totally young. I don't know what I pictured her to look like, but I don't think it was like that. Fun family!
Post a Comment