Since I took last year off entirely from running, I thought I'd do a few races this year to keep myself motivated and get back into stellar shape. I have 9 more baby pounds to lose, but really I'd like to lose about 14. Running is going to help me lose them all in 2011. So, as motivation, I'm posting my tentative race schedule here on the ol' blog. Just for fun, I'll also post my goal times. We'll see if I make it to all these races. I think it will be fun to try. Great running weather this week. I enjoyed a 6-miler in the SUN this morning. Whoo hoo!
April: 5K Goal: beat previous 5K PR of 25:46
June: Half Marathon Goal: under 2 hours
June: Relay Goal: have a lot of fun
July: 10K Goal: not sure -- maybe around 54 minutes?? Maybe just for fun
September: Marathon Goal: right around 4 hours -- I'd like to be under
There you have it. The next few months in running. I might have to start waking up early again to pull this off. I definitely need motivation to do that!
And some running photos, because every good post could use a photo:
8 comments:
Wow, if I did a 5K in 25 minutes I would be very proud of myself. Go Amy!
Go get 'em, tiger! We can start running in the morning together soon, if you'd like.
I'm a little bit jealous.
Sis you rock.
Whew, you are ambitious. I'm worn out just reading this.
If I could run, I would want to run with you.
That's a lot of races! You go, girl! You can do it and you'll do great at it!
I'm mostly jealous that you ran the morning of Jan. 27th while I was out shoveling snow! Enjoy achieving your race goals. It's always fun to have a race to prepare for.
Post a Comment