High point: Kate's birth. She is a joyful child who makes everyone smile. Her personality is emerging, and I know watching her grow will be so fun in the next year. I wish being pregnant were easier for me so I could have another Kate this year. Only I'd name him Anders.
Low point: The sudden death of my friend Sharen. I still think of her every day. Things have been hard for her family since she's been gone, and it's difficult not to think about how things might be better if she were still here.
Biggest regret: Gaining 33 pounds while pregnant. I'm sure I could have done better and gained less.
Biggest accomplishment: Hosting family through the holidays with smile. All while adjusting to 4 kids. I think I've done well.
Most enjoyable trip: I actually loved all of our vacations this year, but going to Arizona with Kyle to relax in June was a true vacation, so it wins.
Best meal: Our anniversary dinner at Red Agave (upscale Latin). Close runner up was eating out this week with my parents at Cafe Lucky Noodle (Kyle's salmon was the best I've ever tasted in my whole life).
Worst meal: One of the many meals I sloshed through while pregnant that consisted of dino nuggets and the like. Done with that!
Something I did too much of in 2010: Napped and slept in.
Something I didn't do enough of: Work in the yard and the garden. I have some catch up to do this spring.
Other good things of note:
- Kyle and I paid off our student loans.
- We went from a one car to a two car family.
- We finally had some of Kyle's family visit us in our new home.
- We saw my parents three times (I saw them 4!). The kids are really getting to know their grandparents and I'm grateful for that.
- We finished reading the Book of Mormon again and moved on to the four gospels.
- We found out Kyle's dissertation is going to be published in 2011 in a pretty good journal.
I'll leave you with a few photos from the year. Happy New Year!
6 comments:
I liked this post a lot. Don't get too down on yourself for napping and sleeping in during the year that you're pregnant and have a new baby. You were a ravishing hostess through the holidays!
Yes, you were an excellent host. I hope we were good guests. And moms can never get too much sleep.
This makes me smile :)
Yeah, I love going to your house! You did awesome.
Kara's face in that first picture is killing me. What a character! And I got the scarf, thank you!
Amy! I'm so glad you found my blog. Look how much your family has grown since Boston! Your new addition is adorable. Fun to (virtually) see you again!
Post a Comment