Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Digs

I know that's a lame title, but it's after midnight and I'm kinda tired. Tired of seeing my last blog post, that is. Just got done watching "500 Days of Summer" with some friends. It was pretty good. The main guy was annoyingly disheveled, in my opinion. But the movie was clever. My favorite scene was the random dancing one in the park, of course.

MOVING ON . . .

I've been sick with bronchitis for over a week. Well, sick with something recently diagnosed as bronchitis. It's been terrible. I've been a slug. And I was going to post all about how pathetic I am to get sympathy comments, but now I can't. Because yesterday my sister and two friends showed up and cleaned my house. Then my sister brought me dinner. And tonight she came over early and put Kara to bed for me. Did I mention Kyle left town right in the middle of my illness? I guess he left me in good hands! And he'll be back in less than 24 hours. And it's supposed to be 64 and sunny tomorrow. We have new bubbles and sidewalk chalk. I should survive.

MOVING ON . . .

We got new bedroom furniture a few weeks ago. I've been accessorizing in bits and pieces. I now have enough to show you what we've been up to, although more plans are in the works. My bedroom is much nicer to be in now. Whatcha think??

The bed, side tables, and new painting that I love. I'm looking for new drapery panels, but not quite sure what to go with. I want to keep the room light. We also got new lamp bases, but kept the shades, since they go well with the comforter.

The bed faces the dresser and chest. I love glass vases and bottles, so picked up a few of those. We also got a new TV (cough, don't judge, cough) mostly with our credit card rebates. This wall needs something more, but I don't know what yet.

A a close up of the painting. Slightly Asian, but not cliche. I love it. The blues and golds are so pretty. I have a couple of other prints, too but I'm not quite sure if they go with this painting.

New painting for over the fireplace. Perfect colors and the dramatic effect I was looking for. Snatched this up at Ikea, of all places. It's abstract, but I don't mind it. Now I'm contemplating paining this wall.

Moved the family portrait to another wall and hung the mirror that came with the bedroom set in the living room. Looking for something to put with it, new lamps, a new leather chair, and some sort of window treatments. But the room is really coming together.

Note about Hayden in this picture: He is turning into a voracious reader. He just finished the first two books in the Percy Jackson series. I am amazed he can even read that stuff. It's fun to see him read and read and say "just a few more minutes." He's now offered me his book (bought it with his own money) to read. Then he'd like us to go to the movie together. Well, mostly him and Kyle, but I can come along. He says we can get a babysitter for the girls.


post signature

11 comments:

Becky said...

I love your bedroom! It looks like you have been working hard. Hope you feel better soon.

rebecca said...

You've been a busy sick girl:) I love the new digs, esp that gorgeous artwork over your bed.

I've been neglecting my blog as I've been reading Percy Jackson with some of my kids. We're all reading on our own and we went to the movie (much different, but still good). I was in the middle of an important part of book 4 late last night and found myself seriously tempted to wake up my son and ask him what in the world is going on with Luke?

Michael Family said...

I LOVE your room. nice. And if you like my dining room accent wall paint, I have an extra gallon you can have when I see you when we go camping. I LOVE the color (stepping stones, Behr at Home Depot). I really like the bedroom painting too. Hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Your house really is coming together. I think the living room will look great when you paint that wall.

Amy D said...

So sorry you've been sick! Your house looks great. Nice work!

Amy D said...

So sorry you've been sick! Your house looks great. Nice work!

mama bear said...

Thank goodness for sisters and friends! I hope you are on the mend now, and I love the bedroom set.

Amy K said...

Love the bedroom painting. You've inspired me!!

Liz said...

You should make some curtains. When you feel better of course. I just made valences for all our bedrooms, way easy and they all look ten times better! Plus I didn't blow the wad making them.

Britney said...

I love your house... someday I will have a cute house like you, but I don't know if I can decorate as good as you. I might have to hire you to decorate my house and makeover my wardrobe :)

Melissa said...

I can't wait to have a bedroom set. I love the black. I think I want mine to be black and pretty like yours. Good work!