Best Pumpkin Muffins
2 C whole wheat pastry flour (made with white wheat, but still whole grain)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 C packed brown sugar
3 T molasses
1/4 cup canola oil (scant)
1 egg and 1 egg white
1 C canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 C lowfat buttermilk, or 3/4 C skim milk plus 2 T sour cream
I added in 1/3 C dark chocolate chips and 1/3 C dried cranberries. If my kids liked nuts more, I would have done walnuts as well.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare muffin pans with liners or non-stick cooking spray.
Mix together dry ingredients in medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
In large bowl, mix together sugar, molasses, oil, and eggs until well combined. Add in pumpkin and vanilla and mix again. Add in buttermilk and mix again.
Carefully mix together wet and dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
Fold in chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts as desired.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and cook for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven.
Let the muffins cool before eating them.
These make a great breakfast too, and are full of healthy stuff. Enjoy!
4 comments:
Yay! I got online to look it up, and now i don't have to. Lucky me!
Sounds yummy! I've only tried one of her recipes- chicken pot pies & they were so good. I'll have to try these muffins....I'm all for pumpkin past November.
Can't wait to try these when I get my oven back!
I am making these tomorrow, yummy!! Love your last bog, I actaully laugh out loud when I read your blog! GReat! It is been forever seince I have seen you guys, we need to play!
Post a Comment