For raising my voice about 2037 times in the last three days.
For skipping out on swimming twice today, even when I had a babysitter.
For feeling anger (the ugly seething kind) over stupid stuff.
For wanting a keg of diet coke to make it through the day.
For feeling disappointed that the ward Christmas party was merely rescheduled, not canceled altogether.
For wanting to veg on the couch with lots of fat and sugar instead of working out.
For being snippy at my husband, who is a great guy.
For feeling sorry for myself when I have nothing to feel sorry about, if you really think about it.
Good on me:
For doing my visiting teaching today (the first time in about three months).
For reading the kids Christmas stories by the tree (amidst the yelling).
For dipping pretzels in chocolate and goodies for the neighbors -- with the kids.
For getting on the treadmill to kick my own butt (I totally deserve it) at 9pm.
For saying a prayer to calm down.
For wrestling with the kids instead of crawling into bed.
For deciding to do Christmas cards and buying the kids sweaters to wear in the photo.
Tough day today. Definitely blaming it on hormones. What else could it be?
6 comments:
Your day sounds like my week. Can't you have it both ways---eat lots of treats, but also work out? That's my MO. Also yelling, then apologizing. (well, maybe that one isn't quite the same...)
Wow, I had no idea. You hide your rage well. I have the same thoughts about the Christmas party, but I remind myself it's only a couple of hours. Not too bad, eh?
Arent Christmas parties supposed to be fun happy times?
I have NEVER had one of those days :)
I'm glad to know that even you have them sometimes!!
Thanks for this post. I think I should make my daily list, too. I think a lot of the time by the end of the day I can only remember the "shame on me" items, but there are probably a lot of good things I am forgetting each day. You're a great person.
PS I need to lower my voice most of the day.
I appreciate an honest post. I've had lots of days like that! I think you're great.
Post a Comment