Friday, December 18, 2009

Fashion Friday

I know, it's been a while, huh? I've been feeling like my fashion skills, photography, and styling are rather amateur, but I'm over it. This is my blog, darn it, and I can say whatever I want to the 50 people who are reading. Right? Right! And I don't live in a very fashionable city, or lead a fashionable life, so there you have it. It's good enough for me.

Now that I've psyched myself up, here are a few of the more memorable outfits I've put together over the past week or two. I'm hoping Santa brings me new inspiration and gift cards. I've decided one major piece missing from my wardrobe is a pair of jeans in a darker color that are a slimmer silhouette. Maybe not skin-tight skinny, but definitely not boot cut. I tend to go for boot cut because I think they're most flattering on my figure, but with tops having more volume these days (due to the popularity of layering, blousing, and more feminine fabrics), I need to slim down my bottom half to stay proportional. So that's what I'll be looking for in the after-Christmas sales. A slim pair of dark denim jeans. And boots. And belts. And scarves. And a statement necklace. And tights.

Here's an outfit where slimmer, darker jeans (or black pants) would make the whole look a bit more chic. But I do look cute decorating the tree, no?

This day I wanted to wear some lighter colors. I like the cool green with the gray. And I find myself choosing this simple cream scarf a lot.

I've been layering with lightweight turtlenecks a lot. I like this pop of red. I'm wearing a cuff bracelet make out of a wool fabric with a big button. Very hipster.

I threw this outfit on yesterday to run some afternoon errands after a late workout and shower. I ended up being too hot in the down vest -- I think it was 55 degrees outside! I could not get a good photo, so I gave up. Thus, my head is cut off.
Here's what I wore today for my lunch date with Kyle. I got the skirt for $5 and it's a very versatile piece. Kyle bought me the gray slouchy boots. I love them and wear them all the time! My cowl neck knit shirt I scored for $1.99. So if I only wear it a few times, I've gotten my money's worth. The date was fun! Kyle said I looked cute.

Tomorrow Kyle and I are throwing a holiday party at our house. Fondue, sparkling juices, gift exchange, funny games, and holiday casual dress. What should I wear? I'm thinking trouser jeans, handmade Christmas crystal earrings, and a red or black top. Cheers!

post signature

7 comments:

rebecca said...

cute, cute, cute. You're an awesome model/mom. And I loved the peak at your festive tree.

Unknown said...

i'm not going to wear ANYTHING to your party!

Michael Family said...

Well, aren't you just cute! I love that you got your skirt and shirt for so cheap. Old Navy?

For slender, but not skinny, jeans, I got some at Macy's (Charter Club brand). I have a friend that was on the hunt for the same thing, and had success at Express. Good luck!

Sweeney Household said...

Can't wait to see what your wear for the holiday party!

Jeans ----- I scored a pair of dark, slimmer cut (not quite skinny) DKNY jeans at Macy's for $17. I like them. It balances out the full price Lucky Brand jeans I purchased a few months ago that I absolutely love! Sometimes splurging on something like jeans is well worth it!!!!

Merry Merry!!

Emily said...

Cute outfits and great blog Amy. You are so talented. :)

Amy D said...

We want to come to your party!

Amy D said...

We want to come to your party!