We made it to California Wednesday afternoon. I went with my sister to pick up my parents from the Oakland airport. Then the adults went out for a nice dinner at a local restaurant. The conversation was quite lively. My Dad was the center of attention, not his usual place to be, and we had some conversations I won't soon be forgetting.
On Thursday I went for a run in the morning. Then most of us (the lazy video gamers stayed home) went up to some hills for a little hike. It was really pleasant and nice to be out and moving. Dinner was yummy, I had my customary nap (I don't want to mess with tradition) and we watched football or something that night.
The next day my Mom, my sister Marisa, and I went to the deYoung Museum to see some art and a King Tut exhibit. I love art museums, but I felt right in the middle of things. Marisa does everything, and I mean everything, at the speed of light. Imagine her cruising through the galleries, fast-walking past most everything, but still taking it in. My Mom was the opposite. I think she could have spent all day. She looked at most every piece of art and read every plaque. I was in the middle, trying not to lose Marisa or my Mom. But it was fun! Unfortunately the weather didn't exactly cooperate, so our plans in the city were cut short.
The next day we enjoyed Tilden Park in Berkeley, went for dinner an ice cream at Fenton's (featured in Up!), and went to the Oakland Temple to see the lights.
All in all a great trip. The cousins all got along, Marisa and Wayne have done a great job remodeling their house, and it was fun to go somewhere I haven't been in a long time. The 8-hour drive is a pretty easy distance to do, so I'm sure we'll be back. Thanks, Moose!
2 comments:
I am so glad you came! It was a really fun visit. I believe you meant to say "I was too wuss to sprint through the rain to a restaurant" when you said "the weather didn't cooperate." Just ask Jillian if she had a good time. :)
Cute pics! Kyle looks so handsome in the temple shot, and Hayden looks so old. I liked your description of the varying speeds at the museum.
Post a Comment