We've run out of summer things to do, mostly because the summer weather's run out on us, and Kara nap schedule is hard to negotiate around. So playing at the house has been the name of the game this week. I've pretty much gone along with whatever the kids suggested. Jillian had a friend over for a tea party, we made cookies and fresh bread, several dance parties occurred, and we've played in the playroom. One day we played dress up shop. Jillian was the store's proprietor. I came into the store and told Jillian the occasion I needed to be dressed for, and she got me all ready. First I went to a ball, but then I came in as a hillbilly going to a silly party. With my very authentic West Virginian accent and my silliness in full swing, I had Jillian rolling on the floor laughing. She had to visit the bathroom two times. The picture doesn't do it justice. Trust me, very silly. And there's something satisfying about entertaining your children so much that they almost pee their pants. As long as I don't have to clean up any messes!

Stunning, I know. If the look is too much for you, notice my sweet calves.
They also asked for cornstarch goo to play with. Easy to make, and cool to touch, I got the recipe at
this site. It caught my eye because it's called "Fresno Family" and I have two great friends who currently live in the 'No. So here's a shout out to E and T. Love you!


Today Kara was unexpectedly grumpy. I think she's teething again. We played in her room for quite a long time, entertaining her with all her toys. It's been good to sit down and play with the kids. I'll miss them next week when they're back at school. I have awesome kids. Love those little veggies!
Amy
PS -- Here's a shot of the blackberries we picked for FHE on Monday night. They grow wild around here. We enjoyed them as a fruit crisp tonight with vanilla ice cream. Delish! They are hard to pick because the vines have thorns, but worth a little work. The taste is unique. So far we've picked raspberries, marionberries, boysenberries, blueberries, huckleberries, and blackberries. Conspicuously absent from this list is the common strawberry. We were moving during their season. Next year, next year.
11 comments:
How will Jillian ever respect you again? Just teasing. Yummy berries, and I love your new blog skin.
As always, I feel like the loser mom when reading of your energetic escapades. Getting down to their level and really playing with my kids is something I need to work on. Reading, sports, art, games--all that I can do, but play? I think I've forgotten how. Your picture inspires me.
(In more ways than one. I've GOT to start running!)
I love the eye patch on the chin look....
Tell K to check beansdad e-mail.
So much fun!! I totally know what you mean about making them laugh so hard they are going to pee their pants....you are scoring some serious points. (:
The blackberries are one of the biggest things I miss about Oregon. It seems they are everywhere - and can get HUGE!
Glad to hear you are having a better week, and hope the teething thing passes quickly with Kara. Amelia is doing the same thing and the whininess(?) is starting to get to me!
I am so impressed by you, Amy! You are making so many wonderful memories for your family. And some of the things you're doing with your kids now sound so similar to stories you told me of your childhood when we were roomies! I hope that if I'm ever a mom, that I will be as cool a mom as you are. I will probably have to take cooking lessons (wanna teach me?!), but hopefully I will still be funny by then. Keep up the good work! Luvyerguts!
You are an awesome mom! I love that you have so much fun with your kids, it inspires me to hang out more with mine and do silly things instead of just making them entertain themselves while I do my own things.
Sounds like you are having a blast with your kids. How fun for them to have play time with mom! You are so cute with them. What are you going to do with yourself once they're back in school? Those blackberries aer making my mout water. I bet it's just beautiful out there.
I want to be your child!
That is one great outfit you've got there...very stylish!
You are so lucky to have so many berries around. I miss them and all of you too. I wish I could send my kids over to play with you because this mom is not playing this week. I will try harder next week.
Truly Amy, you are Supermom.
Post a Comment