Would you like the gross thing first? I know you're just DYING to know what it is. Well, Kara was outside crawling around on the grass this evening as Kyle and I were doing some work in the yard. She was well-supervised, but I wasn't watching her every move. I picked her up a few minutes later and noticed she had something in her mouth. I thought it was a piece of bark, since she tends to chew on those, but nope, it was a shriveled up dead worm. Ew! Hayden asked me if she sucked all the blood out of it. Double ew! Needless to say, I didn't give her many kisses after that.
It was so nice coming home to our very own house yesterday after the drive from Washington. I was kind of worried about how I'd feel, since it was so nice to be with my family and I'm not too familiar with my new city yet, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it felt like home. I had a good day of laundry, zucchini bread making, huckleberry jam making, and unpacking. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded tomorrow. Jillian and I also spent a good part of the day watching the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance, which we missed while we were gone. It was tons of fun and pretty fast, thanks to the DVR. And I think I'm finally ready to start hanging stuff on the walls. We also picked up some stuff for the kids' bedrooms at Ikea in Portland on the way home. The Pea's room is going to have an adventure theme, complete with treasure chest, world map, animal skin rug, jungle plant, and I don't know what else! The Bean's room is going to be kind of a modern chic, with bed canopy, funky chandelier and mirror, faux fur, and bold colors. Should be fun!
Amy
5 comments:
Hey, I made zucchini bread yesterday too. What do you know?
It's good to hear you're home and settling. Oh, and I thought you were going to say K was chewing on poop, so a dead worm was no big deal. ;)
At least it wasn't a slug (very easily could have been in Oregon)! T found one of those the other day . . . but he didn't eat it, he just squished it in his hands.
Can't wait to see what you do with your home - especially the kid's rooms. Keep us posted would ya?
Sorry about the worm but rest assured, it'll put hair on her chest.
There are worse things she could chew on than a worm, I suppose. But yeah, still pretty gross. I'm so glad you're close to your family again, and that you're feeling at home in Oregon. I'll have to start planning a trip up there to visit you. Maybe Meggs and I will come together!! Love you!
Yummy! I think I have an idea for a Kara birthday present now.
Post a Comment