Kara turned one this weekend. I can't believe my baby is venturing into toddlerhood. She started standing and taking steps in the last two weeks, she's learning new words, and she slept almost 13 hours straight last night. That must have been her birthday present to me. I know we've had a lot of family-based posts lately on this here blog, and here is yet another. Don't worry, I'm thinking of something profound or hilarious. Check back soon!
to be of assistance.
since she calls her "NaNa."
PS -- Looking at the pictures of Kara's first minutes of life brought back a flood of happy emotions and a great sense of gratitude for the miracle of life. I remember the minute she was born. I first noticed that she was a girl. That was an exciting and thrilling moment -- to be surprised and meet your child for the first time. Then I noticed that she was big -- definitely not the six-pounders I was used to. I wanted to hold her immediately. While she laid on my chest I saw her blond hair and fair skin. Even though she'll never look much like me, she is my daughter and I love her fiercely. There was a time about two weeks before she was born, and after over two months of modified bedrest, thrice-weekly doctor visits, and generally feeling crummy, that I almost wished I wasn't pregnant. How grateful I am for the blessing that Kara is. She has been such a good baby. A good eater, sleeper, and so so happy. I get comments on her smile and personality all the time. Happy birthday, Baby Boo! We all love you so much. Here's to more years with you in our family.
9 comments:
The cake is amazing!! Very very cute. And by the way, you and your sister look exactly alike. You have the exact same profile.
I love the cake! Well done! I'll have to copy that sometime. So, Kara is sooo beautiful. I'm glad she's been such a happy good baby for you. You deserve it! You're such a great mom!
Love,
KT
Happy Birthday Kara! I can't believe she is already a year old. And she's almost walking? Oh, I hope we get a chance to see you soon.
That cake is awesome. Yay for Kara! I should have called earlier so I could tell her happy birthday. :)
The cake is too cute, as is Kara.
alright, I am going to have to copy the cake. "simple, yet stunning, dahling." Amelia's first is next month. Doesn't the time fly. i have mixed emotions with every milestone reached. Hope you are enjoying your new home!
Well, I was GOING to say how awesome the cake is, but I won't because the seventh time it just rings a little hollow.
Instead I will mention that I had forgotten Kara's middle name was Jane--obviously I like it, since I used it myself. :)
Also, I quite liked the Hoth cake, and your cute boy obviously adored it; he probably would have been MUCH less impressed with a sunflower, no matter how cute it was.
Can't wait for the next post.
Love the cake! Did you really design it yourself? I'm very impressed.
Cute cute cake!
I remember last summer so distinctly-- both of us waddling around pregnant. HOT is all I have to say (in so many ways... :)).
Post a Comment