Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tunage

After the moving truck drives away, we're driving from here to St. Louis to see Kyle's family one more time. Then, when we know our stuff is on its way, we're going to make the drive to Oregon. 2,155 miles. Six states. Three kids. One minivan. Two adults. Plenty o' snacks. $4.19/gallon for gas. A trip of this magnitude calls for some good road trip songs. That's where you come in. Please leave a comment with a suggestion for a song to add to my growing playlists. We have some iTunes money burning a hole in our pocket, and we don't want to be stuck listening to High School Musical II the whole way, so we're up for some new stuff. Just remember, Bean, Pea, and Asparagus will all be listening, so keep it clean! Pea, especially, listens very closely to the lyrics, much to my dismay.

Should we let them drive??

Amy

9 comments:

Amy D said...

Some of my favorite tunes from my iPod are: Walking on Broken Glass (Annie Lennox), Walk on the Ocean (Toad the Wet Sprocket), If I Had a Million Dollars (BNL), Bubbly (Colbie Caillat), Groove is in the Heart (Deee-Lite), Superman & 100 Years (Five for Fighting), Bubble Toes (Jack Johnson), ABC (Jackson Five), Black Horse & the Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall), Wicked Soundtrack, I'm Gonna Be (The Proclaimers), Grow Old With Me (Peter Breinholt). Is that enough? :) Have a great LOOOONG trip.

Unknown said...

A fun, chill music idea is Jack Johnson's "Curious George" album. He did all the songs for the movie. He also does an album on recycling that's fun for kids. I love his music because it doesn't give me a headache after listening for 15 minutes, but then, I listen mostly to classical and NPR. I AM MOM!

Polliwog said...

It's entirely appropriate to have an intelligent, responsible 6 (7?) year old, such as The Bean, driving your minivan, as long as it isn't longer than an hour at a time. I recommend a booster seat. I would, however, strongly discourage you from allowing The Pea (is that what we're calling him?) from assuming such duties, however, as 5 years old is just not quite old enough. Just my opinion, perhaps others would disagree? ;)

Hmmm ... as far as music? I wish I had more to share--I, unfortunately, have been stuck listening to the soundtrack of Peter Pan during the last few car trips.

Michael Family said...

Once you get over here, it's $4.55 a gallon. I think Raffi is great. And Wee sing. Good luck with that car trip. Can't wait until you're on the west coast!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would highly recommend anything by Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters! :) Have a good trip and drive safely!

Steph said...

We are serious Jack Johnson fans here in Sin City, pretty much any of his albums. We like all his old stuff, but his new album, Sleep Through the Static, certainly didn't disappoint either.

mama bear said...

So, I really like the Imagination Movers from Playhouse Disney. Their music is fun and upbeat and doesn't annoy me. And I love the GNO song by Miley Cyrus. We listened to a lot of Ben Folds Five on our long drives up the Alaskan Highway, not sure why other than it was something we actually both agreed on.

The Bergmans said...

Make sure and get a big variety...we love all the songs mentioned before, but after a few hours, or days, it gets almost too repetitive. Therefore, I suggest finding some fun jazz, like the good ol' Louis Armstrong/Ella Fitzgerald recordings- everybody can enjoy that kind of stuff, and it doesn't tend to annoy until you've heard it about 6 times in one day!

Mandy said...

I just bought New Soul by Yael Naim, Shiny Happy People by REM and Lucky by Colby Calait and Jason somebody, and love them all!