Thursday, June 5, 2008

Breakfast, Anyone??


On Saturday night I was enjoying my busy life as a socialite, ironing in my basement, when I started watching the movie 13 Going on 30 with Jennifer Garner. Not her best role, but an entertaining flick I didn't really have to pay attention to. During one scene, she's visiting her parents and trying to figure out how she turned into a bad person as an adult. This little pancake creation (or something close to it) was on her plate. I decided to surprise the kids on Monday morning with sunshine pancakes. We've all been a little grumpy around here lately, due to the overload of stress seeping through our very veins. Jillian was tickled pink, and Hayden didn't want to eat his because he thought it looked so cool. Eventually the sunshines were devoured and we went on to have a mostly happy day. Kara wasn't so happy with her 102 degree temperature, but she's feeling better today.

Amy

4 comments:

Hemenway said...

So fun! I knew exactly what those pancakes were from when I saw it. I thought it was entertaining too. I love a good mindless movie every so often. Oh, and this is Shauna, not Joe.

Amy D said...

That's so cute! I'll have to try that on the boys. Sorry you're so stressed out. You've got a lot on your plate right now. The good news is it won't be much longer!!! Sounds like Kara has what Tyler did. Thank heavens for Motrin, huh?

Michael Family said...

So cute! That's a fun idea.

mama bear said...

Love it! Love the movie (the part where she does the Thriller dance is the best), and especially that you incorporated it into your life. I think my kids could probably use a good batch of sunshine pancakes as well - maybe I can get Brett to make some!