Kyle successfully defended his dissertation on Tuesday. One of his committee members was on speaker phone from South Korea, and that went off without a hitch. Today he passed through the last hoops and his dissertation was declared properly formatted. He got some official-looking paper that said he completed all of his requirements. You may begin calling him "Dr." now. We went out to celebrate (thanks to his generous professor) last night at a restaurant we've never been to. I had the wasabi peppercorn strip steak with miso teriyaki glaze. Mmm. It was delightful to sit in a fancy restaurant with Kyle and just enjoy talking. Then we went to Indiana Jones and the kind of cheesy Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I had a hard time suspending my disbelief, but a late night movie is always something I enjoy.
Congrats to my smart husband. I knew you could do it!
Amy
5 comments:
Wow! Dr. Kyle! Congratulations!! What an awesome accomplishment! And congrats to you too, Amy, for helping him reach it and keeping your family together in the process. I'm so proud of both of you and the great things going on in your lives! Thanks for sharing them. And good luck on your move! We're almost neighbors again! Love you both!
YAY! congratulations!
Good job Dr. Kyle! Good luck packing and moving.
WOW!!! Congrats to Kyle and all of you! What a huge accomplishment!
Way to go Dr. Kyle! I bet you are so glad to be finished and ready to move on (maybe not to actually move though).
Good luck with the move, and the cross country drive!
Post a Comment