Monday, February 4, 2013

Lazy Mom Tips

Since I haven't written my best-selling teen vampire/werewolf/faerie novel yet, I'm thinking of other ways to make billions of dollars.  My next best idea is a new brand: Lazy Mom.  It's kind of like Skinny Girl, but applies to more people.  Here are a couple of articles I wrote for Family Share that describe what Lazy Mom embodies:

Healthy lunches for kids

10 meals kids can make

Let your kids help plan dinner

My next article, although I'm not sure the editors will go for it, is called a Lazy Mom's guide to potty-training.  Here's a sneak peak on my technique: (Wow! What rhyming!)

Skip the potty party, doll that pees, and sticker charts. The Lazy Mom doesn't have energy to take a whole week potty training. Instead, she implements "underwear practice." When your toddler starts showing signs of toilet-training readiness, have him or her pick out a pack of underwear at the store.  Then, starting with once or twice a week and working up to every day, have the child wear the underwear. Sit on the potty a few times during the hour or so of "practice," but as soon as the child successfully uses the potty, has an accident, loses interest, fights sitting on the potty, or has been dry for over an hour, announce that practice is over and put a diaper back on. In time, the child will either show little interest in wearing underwear longer than a few hours, and have accidents to prove it, or begin to show bladder control and interest. Increase underwear practice time if the latter is the case, and don't sweat it if he or she is not interested. Unless, of course, your child is 4. Then you might need to break out the bribes. For every successful practice session (meaning the potty is used or there are no accidents) you may reward the child with a small treat like a chocolate chip, but don't go to any trouble. Just find something.

So, what do you think?  Does Lazy Mom have a chance of success, or should I start brainstorming that book idea?  How about mermaids? Would you read about mermaids?  


post signature



4 comments:

Cheri said...

How about a story about a girls puffy unicorn sticker collection coming to life and whisking her away to a land of rainbows? (Not that I ever imagined that while hanging upside down from the bars on the playground....I just thought it up randomly while eating breakfast.)

Oh - and I love the lazy mom series. You can film me if I can have a portion of the profits. Yes - that type of toilet training worked twice around here.

Steph said...

If one of the mermaids was named after me, I might read it...

Unknown said...

I would love to read about the antics of Lazy Mom. Mermaids don't dress modestly. :)

Michael Family said...

You need to trademark Lazy Mom. It's gonna be big, and you don't want any copycats infringing on your idea. I am totally serious. You should take that and run with it! Probably not a book about mermaids though. It wouldn't sell unless it was edgy. Like evil mermaids or morally loose mermaids. Or mermaids who can't decide between the Seawolf or the Vampire Squid.