Monday, February 11, 2013

Notes




To the man crossing the middle of the street at 8:30 pm wearing all black with a hooded sweatshirt:

What the heck are you thinking?  I am lucky I spotted you with my eagle eyes.

To myself:

Don't eat donuts. They give you a stomach ache every time.  Every time. 
 
To Eugene drivers:

Please don't move into the turn lane 50 yards before the dotted line indicates you can. Then I have to stop and wait for you so that I can move into the turn lane. The turn lane opening is clearly indicated. And don't get mad at me for trying to enter at the dotted line.

To Kate:

Yes, you must stay in your bed at night. Mom and Dad love you, but not at 2:30am and 5:45am.

To Hayden:

No, there is not a Valentine's Day fairy. Don't expect much.

To myself:

Try to save your money. You have a long list of things you want to buy, like a computer, a new sewing machine, and bike shoes with clip less pedals. Now that you have a (very low-paying) job, you should be able to save. Don't go to Loft.

To my blueberry bushes:

Pruning you was kind of rough. I hope you recover and grow well.  I wish for many blueberries this summer.  I will fertilize you soon!

To Jillian:

I find it kind of funny that you've been saying "yes, ma'am" to me, but also kind of weird. I like that we say "take luck" (a la Brian Regan) to each other as you go to school.

To vacation:

Oh, how I miss you!  Let's get together soon. Preferable somewhere warm and sunny.

To the weather:

Now don't get me wrong, it's been nice to have more sun than rain lately. But that five inches of rain we didn't get in January had better not come in June. Do you understand? I mean it!

To the hubs:

Just wanted to remind you it's my birthday in a few weeks. No pressure.



Were you a note writer in school?  I wrote notes all the time!  Do kids still do that, or do they just text surreptitiously?


post signature

 

1 comment:

Michael Family said...

Wayne missed hitting a guy riding a bike with no reflectors, he was all dressed in black, in the middle of the road at NIGHT. What is up with these people?