Monday, January 28, 2013

Elevenses

My most hipster friend Brianne got nominated for this blog chain thing and then nominated me in return. Many of you know I loathe chain mail games, but this one's kind of fun. Since I haven't uploaded any photos to my computer lately, and have nothing else remotely interesting or enlightening to say, I'm going for it. There are a lot of blah blah rules I will ignore. I am supposed to do the following:

1. Post 11 random facts about myself
2. Answer the 11 questions  Brianne posed to her peeps.

Okay, here goes:

1. I have a really hard time making fried foods or foods involving entire sticks of butter. My cinnamon rolls are always too dry because I can't bring myself to slather the amount of butter the recipe calls for onto the dough. 

2.  My left foot is slightly longer than my right, which pains me to no end when I am shoe shopping.

3. I still have a braided leather belt I bought in high school. And I wear it ALL THE TIME.  Since I never tuck my shirt in, no one ever sees it. It lays flat and can be adjusted to any size. 

4. I wish I'd kept my maiden name as my middle name. If I didn't think it would freak Kyle out and confuse everyone who knows me, I might go back and become hyphenated.

5. Sometimes I want to have another baby just so I can use the name Anders for a boy. Then I slap myself back to reality.  

6. I am planning a trip to Europe to celebrate my 40th birthday. I have four years left. I want to visit art museums, large homes, at least one cool castle, and eat awesome food. Kyle is invited. Who wants to watch my kids?

7. One of my favorite ways to waste time on the internet (and there are so many, many ways) is to look at house plans. 

8. I am looking forward to Kate going to preschool in the fall much more than I should. She has been a difficult toddler for a few months now, and my patience sometimes wears thin.

9. I used to wish for an older brother. I thought it would be so cool to have a big brother to drive me around in his truck (?) and teach me how to be tough. No idea where that came from. 

10. I have a very good memory, particularly with names and random facts about people.

11. I am a bit OCD.  Oh wait, you already knew that about me!  I am getting better about most things, I promise.

Moving on to the 11 questions Brianne posed:

 
1. If you could have any profession (other than what you do right now) what would it be? English teacher, professional ice cream taster, life coach
 
2. If you had to live on one food alone for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Ugh, really?? One?  How about manna, because I'm hoping it can take on different tastes.  Is that cheating?  Then bread, because it comes in many varieties.

 
3. What is your favorite book?  Sooo hard to answer this one.  Pride and Prejudice is my standard answer. Not Twilight.

 
4. And what about your favorite movie? Singin' In the Rain

 
5. Pets or no pets? Dog or cat? No pets, preferably.  A dog if I ever live anywhere with land for it to be outdoors, and a cat if I get over my allergies and am a lonely old woman.

 
6. Where is the one place you would love to visit/vacation? Europe - UK and France to begin.  Everywhere else eventually.

 
7. What do you do at night to wind down? Read, read, read, and read. Occasionally watch TV.

 
8. Favorite kind of accessory? Bracelets and earrings.  Not much of a necklace person.  Want to acquire more watches.  I think I need glasses.  Yeah!

 
9. What do you do for "me" time? Exercise, eat chocolate, shop, sew, sleep.

 
10. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy? A new house.  I would build it.  And an expensive pair of jeans.

 
11. Do you think it is okay to pair brown with black? What about navy and black?  Brown with black kind of makes me cringe, but I am just fine with navy and black. Very important question.



And one question for you, fair readers:

What is one thing you really like about yourself?

(My answer?  My teeth.)

post signature


3 comments:

Michael Family said...

If you watch my kids when I go to Europe, I'll watch your kids. I am totally not kidding. I really want to go, and it probably won't happen until I'm 40 also. So there ya go. Anne will be 10 by then---easy to watch older kids, right?

Steph said...

My favorite one was the braided belt from high school. Awesome! Hmmmm....what do I like about myself? I like that I have finally stopped worrying so much about what other people think of me.

Natalie Jane said...

I made my maiden name my middle name too.

Oh.....how I too dream of expensive jeans.