- go somewhere warm
- make sure no one has to bring a baby
- stay longer
I love each of my sisters. I have three. Lisa is the oldest at 36. She is only 19 months older than me, though, so it feels like we are about the same age. I am 34. Marisa is 32. And the baby of the bunch, Shauna, is 29. Between us we have 13 kids. Whenever we are together with our families, it seems like we never really have time for each other because one of us is always having to take care of a child. That is why weekends like this are so important. It is so fun to be together as sisters and individuals. We can relax and talk uninterrupted, we can stay up late and sleep in (well, we could, but my sisters like to go to bed early). We can shop 'til we drop and eat good food. I hope this sisters' weekend is a tradition we repeat for years to come. Next time we'll have to invite our new sister-in-law Mignon along, and maybe even our Mom too!
Marisa at the Space Needle. Even though I've been to Seattle at least 10 times, I'd never gone up in the Space Needle before. It was cool, but I've been in taller buildings.
Lisa trying to look cute and cool despite the wind. She succeeded.
I failed.
Marisa and Shauna ponder pasta at Pike Place Market. (How's that for alliteration?)
Seth came along as our token male. He was a good baby.
Beautiful flowers at Pike Place.
Shauna and Marisa enjoy hot cocoa at Fran's Chocolates. We stopped here after Pike Place, the wharf, and the Seattle Art Museum. We really had fun exploring the city.
Ideas for our next trip:
Arizona, California, Mexico?







3 comments:
J is for jealous. I want some sisters and I want to visit Seattle.
how fun! my sister and i are trying to plan a trip to disneyland in the upcoming years- sans kids :) i think SoCal is a great warm place to have some FUN
California and no baby for sure.
Post a Comment