I used parent/teacher conferences as an excuse to dress up a bit, you know, put on the "responsible parent" routine. Apparently I looked so responsible that somehow I got nominated to help out with all art lessons in Hayden's class. Hmm. Me, twenty-eight third graders, and art supplies. Fun!
Onto my outfit: It was a nice fall day, not too cold, so I decided to wear my favorite trouser jeans and a cute sweater. I threw on a black skinny belt and a black cardigan. I could have worn red flats, but instead I chose leopard print kitten heel pumps (which I got for a steal at Target -- $6.49). The overall look is classic, but the playful mix of patterns adds a visual element of surprise. Thanks to Hayden for the great photos. Mixing patterns might be something you are wary to try, especially if you like order. If you are like me, you may need to start small, mixing patterns in a subtle way. Think of pieces not as "matching", but as "going", as in "these two things go together". And remember, if it's your style and you feel comfortable in it, who's to say it's not right? It seems to me that fashion right now is incredibly subjective: fabrics, decades, gender-specific clothing, colors, patterns, and textures are being combined in innovative ways. So give mixing patterns a try. You might just like a change.
Fashion Friday is back! I've missed it, have you?
Pattern #1. Leopard print on my shoes.
Pattern #2. Geometric print on my sleeve cuffs and collar. (Man, I should have flexed for this photo!)
The final look. Can you see how the two patterns go together, or do you think they clash?
For jewelry I wore simple gold hoops and a pretty black and gold flower large ring. I should have added a watch, but all four of mine have dead batteries. So don't ask me what time it is.
4 comments:
Well, aren't you chic? (pronounce that with a French accent, of course). I just bought gray heels at Old Navy with the slightest bit of animal skin texture and a teensy bit of shimmer. I love them. Not exactly a pattern, but I guess I am starting out small.
You are so dang cute! I want you to come buy me a new wardrobe. Although, I still just don't think I can pull off a skinny belt, with how hippy and short waisted I am!
you look adorable. you are always so stylin'!! thanks again for the pumpkin bread- we loved it
Great shoes!
Post a Comment