Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Memos

To the woman at the dentist's office:

FYI, the voice you used to ask your kids to be quiet (about 10 times) was much louder than your kids ever were. And more disconcerting was the fact that one of your daughters was named Amy. Every time you asked her to be quiet (in your loud voice) I jumped. Could you ask your kids to be quiet more quietly next time?

To my front flower bed:

Wow. You are looking kind of sad. I'm sorry I haven't given you much attention all year. As soon as I can bend over and dig and such, I will replant your front border, weed, prune, and lovingly tend you. Until then, know that I am thinking of you and hope you survive a few more weeks!

To Hayden:

You are funny when you are on nitrous oxide. But no more cavities! Those buggers are pricey to fill.

To Kara:

Saying "no" all the time is not one of your more endearing traits. But you are too, too funny when you snuggle me when I'm laying on the bed resting. I love it especially when you rub my belly and talk to the baby. She's going to love you!

To my organs:

I know you are smashed up against my ribs and whatever else, but it will all be over soon. Until then, could you try not to make me feel so uncomfortable? I'd be ever so grateful.

To the book I'm reading:

You are kind of boring. I give you one or two more chapters and then I'm going to have to put you down. Consider yourself warned.

To my sewing machine:

Wow! Way to step it up and decide to work better. I appreciate it so much, since you are helping me fulfill my urge to nest. The burp cloths are turning out so cute. Think we can crank out a quilt in the next two weeks? Let me know if you're up for the challenge.

To the people of Oregon:

It is not hot here. You crack me up when you comment on how hot it is when the temperature is 85. Summer weather is just about perfect -- low 80's most of the time. I don't mind being pregnant at all. It's better than the heat and humidity of Michigan. Besides, I have central air. Easy peasy. Please don't wish any cooler weather our way any time soon. I'm still soaking up the sun after our long, wet spring.

a

post signature

2 comments:

Megs said...

But for those of us who don't have central air and it is 86 degrees IN your house, it feels really hot :) Lucky for me we are putting in central air today!! Can't wait. What are you reading? I hope it gets better. Burp cloths are on my list for today. I have them all cut and pinned but just need to sew. I think Matt will be happy I am finally going to get the sewing machine off the counter.

A, M and S said...

I love your memos, Amy. I think the weather is perfect too.
Renee