Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Random Things

I'm not posting much because not much is happening around here. We are in the lazy days of summer and I am not feeling well a lot of the time. But here are a few snippets from recent days:

- Kyle had a birthday last week! He's 34 and looking better than ever. We went to dinner together (thanks for not making me go to sushi, babe!), had dessert with friends and family, and then he went to see Inception with some of his guy friends. Not a bad day at all. I want him to go golfing on a Saturday, but it will have to wait until after the baby is here.

- Speaking of baby, right now we're set for an induction at 38 weeks, which is August 10th! That is a mere 14 days away. I am getting excited. I have to go to the doctor twice weekly, and do labs and tests often, so having the end in sight is a good thing. I have mild preeclampsia again (have I told you that??) so I am being watched closely. If my blood pressure spikes for a bit or any of the tests show trouble, I will be induced right away. But I have baby things all ready, including 5 new bracelets!, so I am not worried. I haven't quite set up childcare for my other three children, though . . . do you think I should do that?

- On Monday night after FHE we all went and sat out on the deck. The kids had built a fort with chairs and beach towels earlier in the day. They sat in their fort and read with a bowl of popcorn. Kyle and I lounged on chairs with our books. We all read for about 45 minutes. Jillian commented on how nice it was to be all together outside reading. It was one of those perfect family moments.

- Speaking of reading, I have two voracious readers on my hands. They gobble up books like candy. Hayden has recently spent 2-3 hours a day reading because he's trying to get through a series. It's crazy. I didn't see either of them until 9am this morning because they wake up and read in their rooms before coming downstairs. If only Kara could do that . . .

- We got a fridge out in our garage. I feel kind of guilty about the electricity, but I am so excited to have a place to store extra food. Our side-by-side fridge in the kitchen (which came with the house) isn't wide enough for a pizza box, cookie sheet, or anything like that. And the freezer is always full. Now I'm flash freezing berries and produce and putting things in the garage freezer so we can enjoy them in the winter. If they last until then.

- We have a short list of names for baby! I'm excited to be at this point. She will have a name. Hurrah! Are you excited to find out what it is? I am too! You won't have to wait too much longer.

post signature

3 comments:

Mandy said...

A fridge in the garage sounds divine! Heck, a garage sounds pretty nice too. Someday . . .
Can't wait to hear your news!

Michael Family said...

The fridge isn't that big a deal for electricity. I unplugged mine for a month for that exact reason, and there was NO difference in my utility bill. So I plugged it back in and use it guilt-free now! I love it!

Hope all goes well with the baby!

Joel Deehr said...

I cant believe you are having another kid. awesome.