I want to start posting more recipes on my blog. This salad has been calling me the past few weeks. I thought of making it again (it's been at least a year) because my garden is still producing quite a few tomatoes and cucumbers, and I don't want them to go to waste. The original salad idea comes from my good friend Steph. It is refreshing, hearty, and a bit different from a traditional pasta salad. Serve it with warm pita (homemade if you're feeling domestic) or crusty bread. Add in a fruit and you have a delightful Indian summer meal.
Greek Cous Cous Salad
4 cups cooked cous cous
1 C diced tomatoes
1 C diced cucumbers
balsamic dressing (I prefer Newman's Own Lite Balsamic)
Optional add-ins
1/4 C pine nuts or almonds
1/2 C feta cheese
1/4 C red onion
torn basil or spinach
I would choose all the add-ins if I were you!
Enjoy!
Also, I had my sister Shauna and my friend Britney over for a crafty morning on Friday. Britney did the honors of blogging about it AND taking pictures, so I will defer to her post (the one in which she refers to me as "extremely intelligent") on how to make this simple Halloween craft. Felt pumpkin faces will liven up the church bag and keep little hands busy for the month of October. This craft teaches toddlers and preschoolers their shapes, as well as how to put body parts where they go on faces. And it's uber cheap!
Amy
4 comments:
That salad looks delicious. I LOVE your pumpkin idea. We are always looking for ways to keep Blake occupied at church and this will be perfect. I wish I had this idea when I was doing preschool this week. That would be been so cute.
This is a great excuse to head to JoAnns!!
I think making a salad is pretty easy. You can pretty much throw anything together and call it a salad. I like your cooking though.
I like your twists the original. It's been a while since I've made some. . .sounds delicious.
oooh, that salad sounds delicious.....I must try it!
speaking of pumpkin crafts....I mailed your advent calendar back last week. did you get it? thanks for letting me borrow it for almost a year!
Post a Comment