1. I miss my hubby. He was gone Thursday - Sunday last week, worked all week, and was out late Monday night. On top of that he spent Tuesday and Wednesday grading tests that his grader didn't get to. I was gone with church stuff Tuesday and Wednesday night, and he left at 5am this morning and won't be back until Sunday. If you're out there Kyle, know that I love you and miss you! And I'm sorry for going shopping so much while you were gone, but I'm filling my void with clothes and food. Lots of food.
2. Every woman needs a pair of red shoes. My previous pair were some little mary janes I bought in Boston for about $9 back in 2004. The strap on one shoe began to fray recently, so I've been looking for a new pair. I picked up a cute little pair of red patent leather ballet flats (with a buckle) today at Macy's. The best part? They were an extra 40% off, and then an extra 20% off of that because I was wearing red. Some sort of women's heart health promotion. Hey, I'll take it!
3. Kara's coming into her own lately and I'm enjoying seeing her personality emerge. I was going through some baby clothes for Shauna when I came upon training underwear (Have I ever told you I detest the word "panties"?). Kara immediately wanted to put a pair on. Here's the look. Fashion hit or miss, you decide. As to whether she'll be wearing the underwear for its real purpose sometime soon, I doubt it. Although she'll now tell me "I pooped", when I ask her if she wants to go on the potty, it's an adamant NO!
4. I had a great lunch today -- for a 9 year-old. I splurged and bought a loaf of white bread to make some French toast. I decided to use some of it for lunch. On my plate I had a pb and j sandwich (with homemade huckleberry jam), Wavy Lays potato chips, and half a banana. It was kind of fun to eat that stuff, because I rarely do.
I just ran out of thoughts. Must be time to go watch some of those TV shows. Happy weekend!
Amy
2 comments:
Great picture of Kara! Sorry Kyle's been gone so much. And I, too, detest the word panties.
Awesome on the red shoes. I love them. They really are so versatile. And Kara is cute! I wish you could come play with me while Kyle is gone. We would have a good time!
Post a Comment